**** Please Note: For the first time, we're going to allow 1/2 picks. For example, if you don't feel fully comfortable risking 11 points on Carl Froch, but don't mind risking 5.5, please put (1/2) instead of (1). Your selection would read A. (1/2) - 1 - Froch to win. You can do this for any selection.****
Before we get started, congratulations to our season 16 champion, MmaJunki. Great work and good luck in the quest to repeat!
Topping the bill this week is the much anticipated 168lb rematch between Carl Froch and Mikkel Kessler. Along with the pick-the-winner and method-of-victory options, we've also added an Over/Under for this one. The show from London also gives us a couple of undercard bouts, with Tony Bellew taking on Issac Chilemba in a 175lb rematch, and George Groves looking to extend his unbeaten record against Argentinean Noe Gonzalez Alcoba.
A couple of top rated fighters from the lower weight classes are also in action this weekend, with junior-bantamweight Omar Narvaez taking on hard hitting Felipe Orucuta and junior flyweight Roman Gonzalez taking a stay-busy fight with Ronald Barrera.
Rounding out the line-up is this week's FNF main-event featuring veteran junior-middleweights Delvin Rodriguez and Freddy Hernandez.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last season's final standings here.
Let’s get to the week 1 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Carl Froch vs Mikkel Kessler (Saturday, May 18)
1. Froch to win – risk 11 points to win 5
2. Kessler to win – risk 5 points to win 11.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Carl Froch vs Mikkel Kessler (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, May 18)
1. Froch by stoppage – risk 3 to win 8.
2. Froch by decision – risk 4.5 to win 6.5.
3. Kessler by stoppage – risk 1.5 to win 9.5.
4. Kessler by decision – risk 2 to win 9.
C. *Over/Under - Carl Froch vs Mikkel Kessler (Saturday, April 18)
1. Over 8 1/2 – risk 7 points to win 3.
2. Over 11 1/2 – risk 5.5 points to win 4.5.
3. Under 8 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 7.
4. Under 11 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 5.5.
*Over 8 1/2 = 8 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 9.
D. Pick the winner - Tony Bellew vs Isaac Chilemba (Saturday, May 18)
1. Bellew to win – risk 7.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Chilemba to win – risk 4.5 points to win 7.5.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - George Groves vs Noe Gonzalez Alcoba (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, May 25)
1. Groves to win – risk 9.5 to win 0.5.
2. Groves to win by stoppage – risk 6.5 to win 3.5.
3. Groves by decision – risk 3 to win 7.
4. Alcoba (any method) – risk 0.5 to win 9.5.
F. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Omar Narvaez vs Felipe Orucuta (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, May 25)
1. Narvaez to win – risk 9.5 to win 2.5.
2. Narvaez to win by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 9.5.
3. Narvaez by decision – risk 7 to win 5.
4. Orucuta (any method) – risk 2.5 to win 9.5.
G. *Over/Under - Roman Gonzalez vs Ronald Barrera (Saturday, May 25)
1. Over 4 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Over 6 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 6.
3. Under 4 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
4. Under 6 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 3.
*Over 4 1/2 = 5 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 5.
H. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Delvin Rodriguez vs Freddy Hernandez (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, May 25)
1. Rodriguez to win – risk 8.5 to win 2.5.
2. Rodriguez to win by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 8.5.
3. Rodriguez by decision – risk 6 to win 5.
4. Hernandez (any method) – risk 2.5 to win 8.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Froch to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Froch to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick on Froch by decision without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Froch by decision
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on the Over 11 1/2..
C. (3) – 2 - Over 11 1/2
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...