It's a quite weekend in the boxing world, but we've still got several fights on the line-up for you.
Topping the bill are a couple of bouts from the UK, with Ricky Burns taking on undefeated Jose Gonzalez in a lightweight clash and Jamie McDonnelll going up against 20-year-old Julio Ceja in a battle of bantamweights. Also on Saturday, Adrien Hernandez takes on Yader Cardoza in 105lb match-up from Mexico.
There are a couple of shows on Friday, with action from FNF and Shobox. The ESPN2 card has Vernon Paris going up against Manuel Perez in the main-event, with Lonnie Smith taking on Cornelius Lock in the supporting 10-rounder. On Showtime, Dierry Jean puts his undefeated record on the line against Cleotis Pendarvis.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 9 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Ricky Burns vs Jose Gonzalez (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, May 11)
1. Burns to win – risk 9 to win 2.
2. Burns to win by stoppage – risk 3.5 to win 7.5.
3. Burns by decision – risk 5.5 to win 5.5.
4. Gonzalez (any method) – risk 2 to win 9.
B. Pick the winner - Julio Ceja vs Jamie McDonnell (Saturday, May 11)
1. Ceja to win – risk 7 points to win 4.
2. McDonnell to win – risk 4 points to win 7.
I. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Adrien Hernandez vs Yader Cardoza (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, May 11)
1. Hernandez to win – risk 8 to win 1.
2. Hernandez to win by stoppage – risk 4.5 to win 4.5.
3. Hernandez by decision – risk 3.5 to win 5.5.
4. Cardoza (any method) – risk 1 to win 8.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Vernon Paris vs Manuel Perez (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, May 10)
1. Paris to win – risk 7 to win 2.
2. Paris to win by stoppage – risk 1.5 to win 7.5.
3. Paris by decision – risk 5.5 to win 3.5.
4. Perez (any method) – risk 2 to win 7.
E. Pick the winner - Lonnie Smith vs Cornelius Lock (Friday, May 10)
1. Smith to win – risk 4.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Lock to win – risk 3.5 points to win 4.5.
F. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Dierry Jean vs Cleotis Pendarvis (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, May 10)
1. Jean to win – risk 8 to win 2.
2. Jean to win by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
3. Jean by decision – risk 5.5 to win 4.5.
4. Pendarvis (any method) – risk 2 to win 8.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Burns to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Burns to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick McDonnell using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - McDonnell
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Hernandez winning by stoppage...
C. (3) – 2 - Hernandez by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...