We've got 6 fights for you this weekend, with Showtime's welterweight match-up between Adrien Broner and Paulie Malignaggi topping the bill. Given the lopsided odds, we've added an Over/Under to make this one more interesting. The undercard features a heavyweight rematch between Johnathon Banks and Seth Mitchell, along with a potentially good super-middleweight bout between Sakio Bika and Marco Antonio Periban.
Friday's top match-up is a cruiserweight clash from Poland between local fighter Krzysztof Wlodarczyk and unbeaten Russian Rakhim Chakhkiev. Also on the line-up that day is an FNF doubleheader, with Rances Barthelemy taking on Fahsai Sakkreein and Don George battling it out against Caleb Truax.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 5 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Adrien Broner vs Paulie Malignaggi (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, June 22)
1. Broner to win – risk 13.5 to win 1.5.
2. Broner to win by stoppage – risk 9.5 to win 5.5.
3. Broner by decision – risk 4 to win 11.
4. Malignaggi (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 13.5.
B. *Over/Under - Adrien Broner vs Paulie Malignaggi (Saturday, June 22)
1. Over 9 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 5.
2. Over 11 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 7.
3. Under 9 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 6.
4. Under 11 1/2 – risk 7 points to win 4.
*Over 9 1/2 = 9 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 10.
C. Pick the winner - Johnathon Banks vs Seth Mitchell (Saturday, June 22)
1. Banks to win – risk 5.5 points to win 5.5.
2. Mitchell to win – risk 5.5 points to win 5.5.
D. Pick the winner - Sakio Bika vs Marco Antonio Periban (Saturday, June 22)
1. Bika to win – risk 7.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Periban to win – risk 3.5 points to win 7.5.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Rakhim Chakhkiev vs Krzysztof Wlodarczyk (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, June 21)
1. Chakhkiev to win – risk 9 to win 3.
2. Chakhkiev to win by stoppage – risk 3.5 to win 8.5.
3. Chakhkiev by decision – risk 5.5 to win 6.5.
4. Wlodarczyk (any method) – risk 3 to win 9.
F. Pick the winner - Rances Barthelemy vs Fahsai Sakkreerin (Friday, June 21)
1. Barthelemy to win – risk 6.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Sakkreerin to win – risk 2.5 points to win 6.5.
G. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Don George vs Caleb Truax (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, June 21)
1. George to win – risk 7 to win 2.
2. George to win by stoppage – risk 2 to win 7.
3. George by decision – risk 5 to win 4.
4. Truax (any method) – risk 2 to win 7.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Broner to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Broner to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick the Over 9 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Over 9 1/2
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Mitchell to win..
C. (3) – 2 - Mitchell to win
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...