We've got a full slate of action this week, with Saturday's Sky Sports rematch between Kell Brook and Carson Jones topping the bill. The undercard match-up between Derry Mathews and Tommy Coyle is also on the line-up.
Another well matched bout this weekend has Edwin Rodriguez squaring off with Denis Grachev in the final of the Monte-Carlos Million Dollar tournament. The undercard features Khabib Allakhverdiev taking on Souleymane M'baye in a 140lb match-up and a middleweight clash between Max Bursak and Prince Arron.
Also on Saturday, we've got Robert Stieglitz taking on Yuzo Kiyota in Germany, while Friday's action comes from Las Vegas, with Chris Avalos facing Drian Francisco and Glen Tapia going up against Abraham Han in a battle of unbeaten prospects.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 8 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Kell Brook vs Carson Jones (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, July 13)
1. Brook to win – risk 9.5 to win 2.5.
2. Brook to win by stoppage – risk 3 to win 9.
3. Brook by decision – risk 6.5 to win 5.5.
4. Jones (any method) – risk 2.5 to win 9.5.
B. *Over/Under - Kell Brook vs Carson Jones (Saturday, July 13)
1. Over 9 1/2 – risk 7 points to win 3.
2. Under 9 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 7.
*Over 11 1/2 = 11 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 12.
C. Pick the winner - Derry Mathews vs Tommy Coyle (Saturday, July 6)
1. Mathews to win – risk 5 points to win 4.
2. Coyle to win – risk 4 points to win 5.
D. Pick the winner - Edwin Rodriguez vs Denis Grachev (Saturday, July 6)
1. Rodriguez to win – risk 9.5 points to win 5.5.
2. Grachev to win – risk 5.5 points to win 9.5.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Khabib Allakhverdiev vs Souleymane M'baye (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, July 13)
1. Allakhverdiev to win – risk 9 to win 1.
2. Allakhverdiev to win by stoppage – risk 3 to win 7.
3. Allakhverdiev by decision – risk 6 to win 4.
4. M'baye (any method) – risk 1 to win 9.
F. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Max Bursak vs Prince Arron (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, July 13)
1. Bursak to win – risk 7.5 to win 1.5.
2. Bursak to win by stoppage – risk 3.5 to win 5.5.
3. Bursak by decision – risk 4 to win 5.
4. Arron (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 7.5.
G. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Robert Stieglitz vs Yuzo Kiyota (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, July 13)
1. Stieglitz to win – risk 9 to win 1.
2. Stieglitz to win by stoppage – risk 5 to win 5.
3. Stieglitz by decision – risk 4 to win 6.
4. Kiyota (any method) – risk 1 to win 9.
H. Pick the winner - Chris Avalos vs Drian Francisco (Friday, July 12)
1. Avalos to win – risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Francisco to win – risk 3.5 points to win 6.5.
I. Pick the winner - Glen Tapia vs Abie Han (Friday, July 12)
1. Tapia to win – risk 6 points to win 4.
2. Han to win – risk 4 points to win 6.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Price to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Brook to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick the Under 9 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Under 9 1/2
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Coyle..
C. (3) – 2 - Coyle
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...