We're all back on level terms with a new season of pick'em action starting this week. New players are always welcome, so don't hesitate to join in on the fun. Congratulations to Season 17 winner ulises solis and best of luck to all players over the next 10 weeks.
Leading off this week's line-up is the FNF main-event between Javier Fortuna and Luis Franco. The rest of the action takes place on Saturday, with a triple-header from NBC Sports and a flyweight clash from Panama between Luis Concepcion and Nestor Daniel Narvaes. The NBC show features Tomasz Adamek taking on Dominick Guinn, along with Eddie Chambers against Thabiso Mchunu and Curtis Stevens vs Saul Roman.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last season's final standings here.
Let’s get to the week 1 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Javier Fortuna vs Luis Franco (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, August 2)
1. Fortuna to win – risk 8.5 to win 1.5.
2. Fortuna to win by stoppage – risk 5.5 to win 4.5.
3. Fortuna by decision – risk 3 to win 7.
4. Franco (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 8.5.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Tomasz Adamek vs Dominick Guinn (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, August 3)
1. Adamek to win – risk 10 to win 1.
2. Adamek to win by stoppage – risk 3 to win 8.
3. Adamek by decision – risk 7 to win 4.
4. Guinn (any method) – risk 1 to win 10.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Eddie Chambers vs Thabiso Mchunu (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, August 3)
1. Chambers to win – risk 8 to win 2.
2. Chambers to win by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
3. Chambers by decision – risk 5.5 to win 4.5.
4. Mchunu (any method) – risk 2 to win 8.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Curtis Stevens vs Saul Roman (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, August 3)
1. Stevens to win – risk 7.5 to win 2.5.
2. Stevens to win by stoppage – risk 4 to win 6.
3. Stevens by decision – risk 3.5 to win 6.5.
4. Roman (any method) – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
E. Pick the winner - Luis Concepcion vs Nestor Daniel Narvaes (Saturday, August 3)
1. Concepcion to win – risk 6 points to win 4.
2. Narvaes to win – risk 4 points to win 6.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Scott to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Fortuna to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick Adamek by stoppage without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Adamek by stoppage
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Chambers by stoppage..
C. (3) – 2 - Chambers by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...