The folks at FightHubTV caught up with Manny Pacquiao recently as Pac gets ready for his PPV clash with Brandon Rios on November 23. Pacquiao had the normal fighter promotion comments in regards to Rios, but also had some interesting words regarding Floyd Mayweather:
On Floyd Mayweather calling him a "has-been"
That's good, if he fights me, that's good. He can beat me easily if he's going to fight me. Why doesn't he want to fight me if that's his thinking? Let's get it on, fight in the ring. Whatever you can say, my boxing career is done, then fight, try. That's good for you because you can easily beat me in the ring.
On Brandon Rios
I've been fighting bigger than him like Margarito, De La Hoya, Miguel Cotto... it depends on how he fights on that night.... I believe that I'm faster than him and I'm going to win the fight.
[Rios] can bring a good fight, he can go toe-to-toe. He's a very aggressive fighter.
For the past how many fights that I've had, most of my opponents have been running, but I want my opponent to come inside, aggressive.
More from Bad Left Hook:
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez: Canelo weighs 166.8 for WBC 30-day weigh-in
- Nathan Cleverly vs. Sergey Kovalev: Cleverly:"It is going to be explosive."
- Adrien Broner: No Malignaggi rematch, 'Maidana is first on the list'
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr cut in training camp, fight with Brian Vera postponed
- Adonis Stevenson vs Tavoris Cloud official for Sept. 28 in Montreal