Manny Pacquiao and Brandon Rios hit New York City this afternoon to promote their November 23 fight in Macao, China, after a three-stop tour in Asia. They'll be in Los Angeles on Thursday, too! What a world we live in.
Anyway, here are some of the more important tidbits from today.
- There will be an HBO "24/7" series, which means we'll get to really know Brandon Rios, which is the best news I heard all day. There will also be a "Face Off" feature with Max Kellerman.
- Michael Koncz has a business mullet that never gets old.
- Freddie Roach wasn't there, as he's working with Miguel Cotto at the Wild Card.
- Robert Garcia says he "can't help" but really like Manny Pacquiao, saying he's a great person, and that he wishes him luck in camp.
- Brandon Rios said he'd win.
- Bob Arum, world's foremost expert on China after visiting a few times, noted that the food in Macao is "relatively inexpensive."
- Some guy from The Venetian's son likes Brandon Rios' "tatts."
- HBO is the greatest network to ever exist.
- Football writers may tell you what happened in the game, but they always note what a great event it was. (I was unaware of this, having read lots of football articles.) Mayweather fights, a managing editor at TIME Magazine says, have no "pizzazz," which Arum promises in the form of dancing between fights, plus displays of fire and lighting. That's lighting, not lightning.
- "The world is changing before your eyes."