The first big fight of 2014 happens this weekend, with Jean Pascal taking on Lucian Bute in Montreal. Along with the pick-the-winner option, we've got method-of-victory and over-under options too.
The two main supporting bouts complete the game-sheet. There's heavyweight action with Mike Perez taking on Carlos Takam and a match-up of unbeaten light-heavyweights, with Eleider Alvarez going up against Andrew Gardiner. These are both 10-rounders.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 3 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Jean Pascal vs Lucian Bute (Saturday, January 18)
1. Pascal to win – risk 9 points to win 7.
2. Bute to win – risk 7 points to win 9.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Jean Pascal vs Lucian Bute (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, January 18)
1. Pascal by stoppage – risk 3.5 to win 6.5.
2. Pascal by decision – risk 2 to win 8.
3. Bute by stoppage – risk 1.5 to win 8.5.
4. Bute by decision – risk 3 to win 7.
C. *Over/Under - Jean Pascal vs Lucian Bute (Saturday, January 18)
1. Over 9 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 4.
2. Over 11 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
3. Under 9 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 6.
4. Under 11 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
*Over 9 1/2 = 9 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 10.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Mike Perez vs Carlos Takam (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, January 18)
1. Perez to win – risk 10 to win 2.
2. Perez to win by stoppage – risk 5 to win 7.
3. Perez by decision – risk 5 to win 7.
4. Takam (any method) – risk 2 to win 10.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Eleider Alvarez vs Andrew Gardiner (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, January 18)
1. Alvarez to win – risk 8.5 to win 1.5.
2. Alvarez to win by stoppage – risk 4.5 to win 5.5.
3. Alvarez by decision – risk 4 to win 6.
4. Gardiner (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 8.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Pascal to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Pascal to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick Pascal by decision...
B. (1) – 2 - John
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on the Over 11 1/2...
C. (3) – 2 - Over 11 1/2
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...