Some reports indicate that Tyson Fury has signed a deal with promoter Frank Warren, but Mick Hennessy -- Fury's current/former? promoter -- says that's not the case, and that Fury has merely been offered a three-fight deal with Warren's BoxNation network.
"Fury has not signed a promotional deal with Frank Warren," Hennessy told Boxing News. "We have been offered a three-fight deal with BoxNation but as of yet we have not seen anything in writing.
"I'm not happy. It's not the way I do business that's for sure. I would not announce anything without it in writing."
"We [Warren and I] had been speaking about it this morning and the way it was left was that we would receive the paperwork within 48 hours so there was no mention of it being announced. As far as I'm concerned, until something is signed, then it's not done."
That said, it does appear full steam ahead on a Fury-Chisora rematch in June, with both apparently set to fight on February 15:
"I agreed the terms with Fury a few hours ago," explained Warren. "I've been promoting a long time and this [Chisora-Fury] is a huge fight. This is a stadium fight. But neither of them can afford to lose. Great plans can easily be upset."
Fury (21-0, 15 KO) hasn't fought since his April 20 win over Steve Cunningham. He had a date in September to face David Haye, but Haye pulled out of that fight, then canceled a scheduled new date for early this year, overall leaving Fury to waste nearly a year of time on the sidelines.