This week's pick'em action comes from HBO2's Macao show, along with a couple of cards from the UK.
Topping the bill on the HBO broadcast is an interesting 135lb match-up, with Miguel Vazquez squaring off with Denis Shafikov. The show also features Zou Shiming taking on Yokthong Kokietgym and Akifumi Shimoda going up against Marvin Sonsona.
The Sky Sports main-event has Darren Hamilton defending his British 140lb title against Curtis Woodhouse. Leigh Wood takes on Gavin McDonell for the vacant British super-bantamweight title on the undercard, which also has Tommy Coyle facing Daniel Brizuela. Over on BoxNation, Daniel Ammann and Tony Conquest will battle it out in a cruiserweight clash.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 8 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Miguel Vazquez vs Denis Shafikov (Saturday, February 22)
1. Vazquez to win – risk 7.5 to win 5.5.
2. Shafikov (any method) – risk 5.5 to win 7.5.
B. *Over/Under - Miguel Vazquez vs Denis Shafikov (Saturday, February 22)
1. Over 11 1/2 – risk 7.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Under 11 1/2 – risk 2.5 points to win 7.5.
*Over 11 1/2 = 11 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 12.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Zou Shiming vs Yokthong Kokietgym (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, February 22)
1. Shiming to win – risk 7.5 to win 0.5.
2. Shiming to win by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 5.5.
3. Shiming by decision – risk 5 to win 3.
4. Kokietgym (any method) – risk 0.5 to win 7.5.
D. Pick the winner - Akifumi Shimoda vs Marvin Sonsona(Saturday, February 22)
1. Shimoda to win – risk 6 to win 4.
2. Sonsona (any method) – risk 4 to win 6.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Darren Hamilton vs Curtis Woodhouse (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, February 22)
1. Hamilton to win – risk 7 to win 2.
2. Hamilton to win by stoppage – risk 3.5 to win 5.5.
3. Hamilton by decision – risk 3.5 to win 5.5.
4. Woodhouse (any method) – risk 2 to win 7.
F. Pick the winner - Leigh Wood vs Gavin McDonell (Saturday, February 22)
1. Wood to win – risk 5 to win 3.
2. McDonell – risk 3 to win 5.
G. Pick the winner - Tommy Coyle vs Daniel Brizuela (Saturday, February 22)
1. Coyle to win – risk 6 to win 2.
2. Brizuela – risk 2 to win 6.
H. Pick the winner - Daniel Ammann vs Tony Conquest (Saturday, February 22)
1. Ammann to win – risk 5 to win 3.
2. Conquest – risk 3 to win 5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Taylor to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Vazquez to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick the Under 11 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Under 11 1/2
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Shiming by stoppage...
C. (3) – 2 - Shiming by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...