The next Prizefighter tournament is set for April 5, as eight welterweights have entered the fray for the one-night tournament at York Hall on Sky Sports. In the night's main event, middleweight John Ryder (16-1, 9 KO) will take on Jez Wilson (11-1-1, 7 KO) in a 12-round British middleweight title eliminator.
The welterweight draw will feature:
- Dean Byrne (17-3-1, 6 KO), 29, an Irish battler who fought to a surprising draw against Carson Jones in 2012. He lost his last fight on February 1 to Roman Belaev in Monte Carlo.
- Sam Eggington (8-1, 3 KO), 20, who competed in a Prizefighter tournament in January 2013, losing to Dale Evans in the opening round.
- Jason Cook (30-5-1, 16 KO), 39, a former holder of the European and IBO lightweight titles, and a former two-time British junior welterweight title challenger. On February 1, he beat Tony Pace.
- Mark Douglas (8-3, 4 KO), 29, has won four straight after back-to-back losses to Ashley Theophane and Lee Purdy.
- Johnny Coyle (3-0-1, 2 KO), 20, hasn't done much of anything yet in boxing because he's only had four fights.
- Johnny Garton (11-0, 1 KO), 26, has only officially lost two rounds in his 10 decision wins.
- Erick Ochieng (14-4, 4 KO), 26, loser of three straight fights, including a loss on March 15 to Neil Perkins, and a former English junior middleweight titleholder and British 154-pound title challenger.
- Paddy Gallagher (4-0, 3 KO), 29, a Belfast fighter nicknamed "Pat-Man," which is just delightful.