This week's featured bout on the pick'em line-up is a heavyweight clash from Turkey, featuring big men Odlanier Solis and Tony Thompson. We've added an over/under for this one.
On the under end of the weight spectrum, undefeated Filipino southpaw Merlito Sabillo travels to Mexico to face Francisco Rodriguez in 105lb clash. Also on the line-up is a super-middleweight rematch, with Christopher Rebrasse taking on Mouhamed Ali Ndiaye in Italy. And finally, we have an FNF doubleheader, with Vanes Martirosyan taking on Mario Alberto Lozano and Anthony Peterson going up against Marcos Jimenez.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last season's final standings here.
Let’s get to the week 2 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Odlanier Solis vs Tony Thompson (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, March 22)
1. Solis to win – risk 8.5 to win 3.5.
2. Solis to win by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 9.5.
3. Solis by decision – risk 6 to win 6.
4. Thompson (any method) – risk 3.5 to win 8.5.
B. *Over/Under - Odlanier Solis vs Tony Thompson (Saturday, March 22)
1. Over 9 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 3.
2. Over 11 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 4.
3. Under 9 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 6.
4. Under 11 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 5.
*Over 9 1/2 = 9 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 10.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Merlito Sabillo vs Francisco Rodriguez (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, March 22)
1. Sabillo to win – risk 8.5 to win 2.5.
2. Sabillo by stoppage – risk 5 to win 6.
3. Sabillo by decision – risk 4.5 to win 6.5.
4. Rodriguez to win – risk 2.5 to win 8.5.
D. Pick the winner - Christopher Rebrasse vs Mouhamed Ali Ndiaye (Saturday, March 22)
1. Rebrasse to win – risk 6 points to win 3.
2. Ndiaye to win – risk 3 points to win 6.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Vanes Martirosyan vs Mario Lozano (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, March 21)
1. Martirosyan to win – risk 8.5 to win 0.5.
2. Martirosyan by stoppage – risk 4 to win 5.
3. Martirosyan by decision – risk 4.5 to win 4.5.
4. Lozano to win – risk 0.5 to win 8.5.
F. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Anthony Peterson vs Marcos Jimenez (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, March 21)
1. Peterson to win – risk 8.5 to win 0.5.
2. Peterson by stoppage – risk 5.5 to win 3.5.
3. Peterson by decision – risk 3 to win 6.
4. Jimenez to win – risk 0.5 to win 8.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Solis to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Solis to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick the over 11 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Over 11 1/2
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Sabillo by stoppage...
C. (3) – 2 - Sabillo by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...