One week to go in Season 21. The title is all but wrapped up, but the race for second is a good one. Plus there are plenty of Player of the Year points up for grabs. So get your picks in.
Topping the bill is an HBO double-header, with Juan Manuel Marquez taking on Mike Alvarado in the main-event. We've got an Over/Under for this one too. The undercard has Viktor Postol going up against Selcuk Aydin in a 140lb match-up.
Also on Saturday, Sky Sports has a rematch between Gary Buckland and Gavin Rees in in the main-event. Buckland won a closely contested split decision back in February. The card also features the return of Nathan Cleverly, now competing in the cruiserweight division.
We've also got some Friday action, with shows on ESPN2 and Showtime. Don't delay in getting your selections in for those fights. Good luck and remember, a new season starts next week!
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 10 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Juan Manuel Marquez vs Mike Alvarado (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, May 17)
1. Marquez to win – risk 11.5 to win 4.5.
2. Marquez by stoppage – risk 4.5 to win 11.5.
3. Marquez by decision – risk 7 to win 9.
4. Alvarado to win – risk 4.5 to win 11.5.
B. *Over/Under - Juan Manuel Marquez vs Mike Alvarado (Saturday, May 17)
1. Over 11 1/2 – risk 7 points to win 3.
2. Under 11 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 7.
C. Pick the winner - Victor Postol vs Selcuk Aydin (Saturday, May 17)
1. Postol to win – risk 7 points to win 4.
2. Aydin to win – risk 4 points to win 7.
D. Pick the winner - Gary Buckland vs Gavin Rees (Saturday, May 17)
1. Buckland to win – risk 5.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Rees to win – risk 4.5 points to win 5.5.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Nathan Cleverly vs Shawn Corbin (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, May 17)
1. Cleverly to win – risk 8.5 to win 0.5.
2. Cleverly by stoppage – risk 6 to win 3.
3. Cleverly by decision – risk 2.5 to win 6.5.
4. Corbin to win – risk 0.5 to win 8.5.
F. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Delvin Rodriguez vs Joachime Alcine (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, May 16)
1. Rodriguez to win – risk 8 to win 1.
2. Rodriguez by stoppage – risk 3 to win 6.
3. Rodriguez by decision – risk 5 to win 4.
4. Alcine to win – risk 1 to win 8.
G. Pick the winner - Joe Hanks vs Derric Rossy (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, May 16)
1. Hanks to win – risk 6 to win 2.
4. Rossy to win – risk 2 to win 6.
H. Pick the winner - Joel Diaz Jr vs Tyler Asselstine (Friday, May 16)
1. Diaz to win – risk 7.2 points to win 2.5.
2. Asselstine to win – risk 2.5 points to win 7.5.
I. Pick the winner - Frank Galarza vs Sebastian Bouchard (Friday, May 16)
1. Galarza to win – risk 7.5 points to win 1.5.
2. Bouchard to win – risk 1.5 points to win 7.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Marquez to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Marquez to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick the Under 10 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Marquez
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Aydin...
C. (3) – 2 - Aydin
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...