Topping the bill on the pick'em line-up this weekend is a 108lb clash between Donnie Nietes and Moises Fuentes in a rematch of last year's draw. We've added an over/under for this one.
Another rematch has Bermane Stiverne and Chris Arreola renewing hostilities on ESPN. We've got a couple of fights from the undercard too, with Amir Imam taking on Yordenis Ugas and Eric Molina going up against DaVarryl Williamson.
Finally, we have Derry Mathews putting his British lightweight title on the line against Marthin Gethin on BoxNation
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 9 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Donnie Nietes vs Moises Fuentes (Saturday, May 10)
1. Nietes to win – risk 7.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Fuentes to win – risk 4.5 points to win 7.5.
B. *Over/Under - Donnie Nietes vs Moises Fuentes (Saturday, May 10)
1. Over 10 1/2 – risk 6.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Under 10 1/2 – risk 2.5 points to win 6.5.
C. Pick the winner - Bermane Stiverne vs Chris Arreola (Saturday, May 10)
1. Stiverne to win – risk 7 points to win 5.
2. Arreola to win – risk 5 points to win 7.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Bermane Stiverne vs Chris Arreola (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, May 10)
1. Stiverne by stoppage – risk 2 to win 7.
2. Stiverne by decision – risk 3 to win 6.
3. Arreola by stoppage – risk 1.5 to win 7.5.
4. Arreola by decision – risk 2.5 to win 6.5.
E. Pick the winner - Amir Imam vs Yordenis Ugas (Saturday, May 10)
1. Imam to win – risk 6.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Ugas to win – risk 2.5 points to win 6.5.
F. Pick the winner - Eric Molina vs DaVarryl Williamson (Saturday, May 10)
1. Molina to win – risk 6.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Williamson to win – risk 2.5 points to win 6.5.
G. Pick the winner - Derry Mathews vs Martin Gethin (Saturday, May 10)
1. Mathews to win – risk 5.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Gethin to win – risk 3.5 points to win 5.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Nietes to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Nietes to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick the Under 10 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Under 10 1/2
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Arreola to win...
C. (3) – 2 - Arreola to win
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...