We've got action from a couple of shows this week, with the HBO double-header topping the bill, along with a tripleheader from Azteca.
Ruslan Provodnikov takes on Chris Algieri in the HBO main-event. We've added an Over/Under for this one. The supporting bout has Demetrius Andrade going up against Brian Rose in a 154lb match-up.
Azteca has some reasonably matched bouts, with veteran Tyson Marquez taking on undefeated McJoe Arroyo in a potentially good super-flyweight clash. The show also features Jorge Arce against Jorge Lacierva, plus bantamweights Alejandro Hernandez and Daniel Rosas.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 4 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Ruslan Provodnikov vs Chris Algieri (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, June 14)
1. Provodnikov to win – risk 11 to win 2.
2. Provodnikov by stoppage – risk 8 to win 5.
3. Provodnikov by decision – risk 3 to win 10.
4. Algieri to win – risk 2 to win 11.
B. *Over/Under - Ruslan Provodnikov vs Chris Algieri (Saturday, June 14)
1. Over 8 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
2. Over 11 1/2 – risk 3.5 points to win 6.5.
3. Under 8 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
4. Under 11 1/2 – risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Demetrius Andrade vs Brian Rose (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, June 14)
1. Andrade to win – risk 11.5 to win 1.5.
2. Andrade by stoppage – risk 7.5 to win 6.5.
3. Andrade by decision – risk 4 to win 9.
4. Rose to win – risk 1.5 to win 11.5.
D. Pick the winner - Hernan Marquez vs McJoe Arroyo (Saturday, June 14)
1. Marquez to win – risk 7 points to win 3.
2. Arroyo to win – risk 3 points to win 7.
E. Pick the winner - Alejandro Hernandez vs Daniel Rosas (Saturday, June 14)
1. Hernandez to win – risk 6 points to win 3.
2. Rosas to win – risk 3 points to win 6.
F. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Jorge Arce vs Jorge Lacierva (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, June 14)
1. Arce to win – risk 7.5 to win 1.5.
2. Arce by stoppage – risk 3 to win 6.
3. Arce by decision – risk 4.5 to win 4.5.
4. Lacierva to win – risk 1.5 to win 7.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Provodnikov to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Provodnikov to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick the Over 11 1/2 in Provodnikov-Algieri without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Over 11 1/2
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Andrade by stoppage...
C. (3) – 2 - Andrade by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...