Topping the bill this week is the 160lb title clash between champion Sergio Martinez and challenger Miguel Cotto. Along with the pick-the-winner option, we've got method-of-victory and over/under options for this one. All three televised undercard fights are on the line-up too. There's the rematch between Wilfredo Vazquez Jr and Marvin Sonsona, along with Andy Lee vs John Jackson and Javier Francisco Maciel vs Jorge Melendez.
Also on the game-sheet is the Televisa main-event between Daniel Ponce De Leon and Mickey Roman, and finally we've got a couple of bouts from the UK, featuring Stuart Hall vs Paul Butler and Jon-Lewis Dickinson vs Ovill McKenzie.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 3 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Sergio Martinez vs Miguel Cotto (Saturday, June 7)
1. Martinez to win – risk 12 points to win 6.
2. Cotto to win – risk 6 points to win 12.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Sergio Martinez vs Miguel Cotto (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, June 7)
1. Martinez by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
2. Martinez by decision – risk 4 to win 6.
3. Cotto by stoppage – risk 2 to win 8.
4. Cotto by decision – risk 1.5 to win 8.5.
C. *Over/Under - Sergio Martinez vs Miguel Cotto (Saturday, March 29)
1. Over 8 1/2 – risk 7 points to win 3.
2. Over 11 1/2 – risk 5.5 points to win 4.5.
3. Under 8 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 7.
4. Under 11 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 5.5.
D. Pick the winner - Andy Lee vs John Jackson (Saturday, June 7)
1. Lee to win – risk 7 points to win 4.
2. Jackson to win – risk 4 points to win 7.
E. Pick the winner - Wilfredo Vazquez Jr vs Marvin Sonsona (Saturday, June 7)
1. Vazquez to win – risk 7 points to win 4.
2. Sonsona to win – risk 4 points to win 7.
F. Pick the winner - Javier Francisco Maciel vs Jorge Melendez (Saturday, June 7)
1. Maciel to win – risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Melendez to win – risk 3.5 points to win 6.5.
G. Pick the winner - Daniel Ponce De Leon vs Mickey Roman (Saturday, June 7)
1. De Leon to win – risk 6.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Roman to win – risk 2.5 points to win 6.5.
H. Pick the winner - Jon-Lewis Dickinson vs Ovill McKenzie (Saturday, June 7)
1. Dickinson to win – risk 6 points to win 4.
2. McKenzie to win – risk 4 points to win 6.
I. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Paul Butler vs Stuart Hall (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, June 7)
1. Butler to win – risk 8 to win 3.
2. Butler by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 8.5.
3. Butler by decision – risk 5.5 to win 5.5.
4. Hall to win – risk 3 to win 8.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Martinez to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Martinez to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick Martinez by decision without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Martinez by decision
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on the Over 11 1/2...
C. (3) – 2 - Over 11 1/2
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...