Do you read Bad Left Hook, but aren't a member? No problem, that's cool. But there's more to being a member than commenting, and it's surprisingly easy to sign up, since we accept already-existing Yahoo IDs and Open IDs. What are those additional benefits?
- We have the fastest round by round coverage on the internet, but you won't be able to take advantage of it unless you log in. If you're logged in and in the round by round thread, you will get real-time updates of the status of the fight, with summaries of the rounds automatically appearing on your screen mere seconds after the round ends.
- The number of new comments for front page Stories (and Fanshots and Fanposts) is listed next to the number of total comments on the front page. You'll always know when there's something added to the discussion without having to remember how many total comments there were last time you visited.
- When you're on a post page, new comments have a slightly yellow background and you can easily jump to new comments by hitting the "z" key. You'll never have to scroll looking for new comments again. Plus, new comments are added live, so there's no reason to refresh pages.This is especially helpful during our round by round coverage.
- If you are a member of multiple SBN blogs, there is a drop-down menu at the top of the screen that lists all your blogs and how many new Stories, FanPosts, and FanShots have been posted since the last time you visited each blog. You can even select some blogs as favorites and they'll show up at the top of your list.
- Obviously, you can post comments and interact with the other members of our community. Since comments appear in real-time, and responses appear in a tiered format, you can have live discussions with other members, and know exactly what thread of discussion the comments pertain to.
If you do decide to create an account and post a few comments, there are some additional nifty tools to help keep you organized.
- By going to your profile page (click on your name at the top of the screen) you can see the last fifty or so comments you've left across all SBN blogs and how many replies there to your comment. It's a great way to keep track of conversations you've recently been a part of.
- Also on your profile page, you can click on Blog to see all the Stories, FanShots, and FanPosts you've posted across all SBN blogs. This is handy for looking at other users' Blogs as well, if you're a fan of their work. You can even RSS their stuff across all blogs in one feed. This feature is useful even if you're not a member.
(Hat tip to Sky Kalkman, who originally wrote this for our sabermetrics affiliate, Beyond the Boxscore.) [Reposted for Mayweather-Marquez]