- In his blog, Dan Rafael discusses some fights that are being proposed by Top Rank. To nobody's surprise, Juan Manuel Lopez's next opponent will be Bernabe Concepcion. If each wins interim bouts, he hopes to match up Yuriorkis Gamboa and Celestino Caballero, although we've heard this song before. As previously reported, he's still trying to make a bout between Edwin Valero and Lamont Peterson at junior welterweight. If Humberto Soto wins tomorrow's bout against David Diaz, Soto will again defend his belt on the Cotto-Foreman undercard against Anthony Peterson.
- According to Boxingscene, Showtime is setting up a Shobox triple header for April 30. Unproven but promising prospect Marcus Johnson will take on 25-0 (but even more untested) Derek Edwards. Chicago draw Don George will make his Showtime debut. George has been getting his career back on track after a stint in prison. He'll face the almighty TBA. Also, 13-0 prospect Edwin Rodriguez will take on 17-2 Kevin Engel at light heavyweight.
- Uzbek news is reporting that Sergiy Dzinziruk will be making his U.S. debut defending his title against amateur star Sherzod Husanov. It's only showing up on Boxrec, so take this with a massive grain of salt, but the fight is tentatively scheduled for May 14. It's a Friday and he's now promoted by Gary Shaw, so don't be surprised if this lands on Friday Night Fights or Shobox. Also don't be surprised if the fight is never scheduled at all - Dzinziruk is still embroiled in a battle with Universum, which may make it tough for him to fight.
- According to the Daily Telegraph, Antonio Tarver is chasing "Legend" Danny Green. This one's still a long way from being made, but makes about as much sense for both fighters as any bout out there. I suspect the bout would be in Australia, as the money is likely better there.
- Other fights that have now been officially announced include Demetrius Hopkins against Freddie Norwood (March 25), Delvin Rodriguez against Mike Arnaoutis (April 2, on Friday Night Fights), Juergen Braehmer (out on bail) defending his title against Mariano Plotinsky in an untelevised bout (April 24), Juan Carlos Gomez against Alex Mazikin (March 27, on the Gamboa-Barros undercard) and Mahir Oral against Juan Camilo Novoa (same card).
- In an addition to this week's televised schedule, if you'd rather not buy Pacquiao-Clottey, at 10:00 p.m. Eastern, wbcboxing.tv will be airing a free live webcast of the flyweight bout between 27-5 Jesus Jimenez and 27-41-2 Paulino Villalobos.