- Fernando Guerrero continued on his warpath, blasting out normally durable Michael Walker in two rounds. Walker is the same guy who went 8 rounds with Danny Jacobs on the Pacquiao-Hatton undercard. About a minute into the second round, Guerrero got Walker caught up on the ropes, started throwing punches, and just never stopped. Walker just wasn't throwing back, and this literally lasted for about 45 seconds, with Guerrero launching punch after punch and Walker not doing anything other than cover up. Finally the ring doctor intervened. Walker complained about the stoppage, but that's what happens when you show the officials no reason to let the fight continue, and I think the ref gave Walker ample opportunity to do SOMETHING.
- On the undercard, Shawn Porter blasted out Raul Pinzon in one. Pinzon, normally a welterweight or light middleweight, weighed 161 for the fight, and his lack of conditioning showed. He just wasn't able to get away from the much quicker Porter, and Porter was able to take him out with a single right hand while he was backed up against the ropes.
- On Friday Night Fights, Tony Thompson battered a relatively toasted Owen Beck for nearly four rounds before Beck's corner threw in the towel. At 38 years old, Thompson proved he still has something left in the tank, although he also showed that despite his advanced age, he hasn't been able to improve on many of his flaws.
- On the undercard, Hank Lundy knocked the living tar out of Tyrese Hendrix for 10 rounds, winning a very wide unanimous decision. Lundy moves to 18-0-1, while Hendrix falls to 18-1-1.
- Denton Vassell defeated Lee Purdy for the Commonwealth welterweight title. While Purdy started off quick, Vassell's power and durability won him the fight, despite the fact that this was his first fight past six rounds. Also on the card, Craig Watson won the vacant Commonwealth light middleweight title by scoring a second round TKO over late replacement Badru Lusambya. Watson knocked down the Ugandan four times in the second round en route to the TKO.
- Winners from earlier in the week: Danny Green KO3 Manny Siaca, Naofel Ben Rabah, Shannon Briggs, Will Tomlinson, Will Rosinsky and former collegiate football star James Bryant.
Friday Night Results: Guerrero and Porter roll through the competition