WBA Calls purse bids for Golovkin-Mundine and Kameda-Sakata | Fight News
Since Felix Sturm was elevated to "super" status for no good reason, the WBA has ordered a purse bid for the vacant strap between Anthony Mundine and Gennady Golovkin. I'll eat my hat if this fight happens. Golovkin is locked in a contractual dispute with Universum, and Mundine hasn't fought anyone who's a remote threat in years. The good news is that Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam has said he would step in if either fighter decides not to accept the bid. Kameda-Sakata might be another worthless one as well, although Daiki Kameda would get stripped if he refuses to face Sakata. There has been a long-standing feud between Kameda's father and Sakata's handlers, and they've publicly stated that they refuse to fight Sakata.
Mayweather's friend indicted in skating rink shooting | ESPN
A member of Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s entourage, Ocie Harris, has been indicted for a shooting that took place at a skating rink back in August. Reportedly, Mayweather and another man got into an argument at the ring, and he wound up being shot shortly thereafter. Currently, Mayweather is not a suspect or named in the indictment.
The Final Days of Edwin Valero | Sky News
According to this article, Valero had been on a drug-fueled binge in the days leading up to his wife's murder, and hadn't eaten or slept during that period.
Terrazas 100% ready for Munroe | This is Leicestershire
Mexican Victor Terrazas is set to face Rendall Munroe in a title eliminator tomorrow. However, because of the volcano in Iceland, in order to get to the U.K. for the fight, he had to endure a four-day trip just to get there. Notwithstanding, his camp says he's at 100% and is prepared to go 15 rounds if he has to.
BBBoC assigns mandatory defenses | British Boxing Board of Control
A lot of good fights coming up in the U.K. scene. Matthew Hatton will need to defend his European title against former regular titlist Yuri Nuzhnenko. Nathan Cleverly has been ordered to defend his title against Zsolt Erdei, although I doubt Erdei would take that kind of risk. After winning the last light middleweight Prizefighter tournament, Prince Arron will get a shot at the English title against Andrew Facey. And in one that should be a banger if promotional considerations can get cleared up, Darren Barker has been ordered to face mandatory challenger for his European title Khoren Gevor.
David Tua's next fight will be in Brazil | Notifight
The opponent has not been named, but he'll have a bout in Sao Paolo on June 26, continuing his "Tua de Force" tour. The fight will air over free New Zealand TV. Considering the location, don't expect a big name opponent.
Super Six Fighters make Froch-Kessler Picks | Dan Rafael's Blog
Of the other four fighters, three think Kessler will win and one is picking Froch.
Collazo-Aydin off, Collazo moving to 154 | Fight News
Luis Collazo has refused a purse to fight Turkish welterweight Selcuk Aydin, saying he can't make the weight anymore. Per his manager, "Luis has outgrown the division. Inactivity hurt us and we are not going to sacrifice Luis’ health to boil down to 147." Collazo also doesn't want to have to fight in his opponent's backyard. While he's made the most of a few chances, Collazo really hasn't done much outside of his close losses to Hatton and Berto. Also, this isn't the first time he's refused a bid for a vacant title. A few years ago, he also refused an IBF purse bid for its vacant title for a fight against Joshua Clottey, stating that the money wasn't good enough for the fight. No word on what Collazo will be up to next, but he wasn't a big welterweight to begin with, and I doubt he'll have an easier time getting big fights in the junior middleweight division.