This recent FanPost brought up a great idea to get everyone a bit more involved in our fight coverage, and we're going to break it out this week for the first time.
We're going to have five Bad Left Hook judges scoring the fight Saturday night between Yuri Foreman and Miguel Cotto. Most of the time we do this, two of the seats will be taken by myself and Brickhaus, but since Brick is on vacation, to start this idea we're going to have four open spots available.
If you want to be considered, let me know in the comments. Here's what's expected:
- Score the fight round by round, and keep track of your scoring. Probably wouldn't hurt to write it down on a piece of paper or whatever even if you score in the live thread, because then you won't have to go back digging through everything to find your scores per round.
- After the fight, send me your round by round scores in an email (my email address is listed in my profile here, and at the bottom of the main page).
- Also give some type of wrap-up thoughts on the fight in that email. Doesn't have to be more than a paragraph or so if you don't have much to say or don't have the time or whatever, but something. If you want to give it a good, long analysis, feel free. I'm not exactly worried about how much space we take up. It's a blog meant for in-depth discussion, so if you want to write a damn essay, go right ahead.
- If you're not terribly confident in writing ability, don't worry about that at all. I'm a decent enough editor on the blog level that it won't be a problem. I won't change what you're saying, though.
How we'll pick:
- If you sign up by Thursday at 8pm EDT, I'll put your name in a hat and draw randomly. It's that simple. I'll post the results of that by 9pm EDT on Thursday so you'll know early enough. If you have to drop out, let me know and it'll be no big deal. I realize things come up.
- If you consistently sign up and don't get picked, I'll eventually put you in a "seat" just because. It's bound to happen that people get picked often and other people keep getting shut out. I'd like to spread this out as much as possible, but random picking is the best way to do it here at the start.
And I know it sounds corny, but most importantly, make sure you have fun if you want to sign up. That's really the point for this, just to get everyone more involved, which I always want to do, and to up the community level even more. If your card completely differs from mine or any other card (official or fellow BLH judges), that's fine. You might get called nuts, you might think everyone else is nuts. It's inevitable that we have cards that are "controversial," and mine will be there too. I'm no better at scoring fights than anyone else here, which is another reason I like this idea so much.
So sign up, and tomorrow between 8-9pm I'll get the drawing results up.