The Season 8 championship is still very much up for grabs as we head into the final week of play, and of course for players a little further back, there's still plenty at stake with Player of the Year Points up for grabs. We'll be giving out prizes at the end of the year to the top 10 players - so if you're in the running, this weekend is key.
We've got an interesting clash from Bangkok, Thailand, topping the bill, with 112lb champion Pongsaklek Wonjongkam taking on Mexican Edgar Sosa. For a little background on the contest, here are Scott Christ's thoughts from when the fight was confirmed back in August. This one's happening on Friday, and taking into account the time difference, it's probably wise not to wait too long to make your selection.
One of the sport's most entertaining fighters is also in action this week, as Nonito Donaire returns to action for the first time since blasting out Fernando Montiel. The dynamic Filipino is a heavy favorite for this one, though his opponent, Argentinian veteran Omar Narvaez, is far from a pushover.
Also on the game-sheet is a British super-bantamweight title clash between Jason Booth and talented youngster Scott Quigg, plus a Friday night Shobox match-up between super-middleweight prospects Edwin Rodriguez and Will Rosinsky. Rounding out the line-up is a cruiserweight contest from Germany between Marco Huck and Rogelio Omar Rossi.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the latest standings here.
Let’s get to the week 10 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Pongsaklek Wonjongkam vs Edgar Sosa (Friday, October 21)
1. Wonjongkam to win – risk 8 points to win 6.
2. Sosa to win – risk 6 points to win 8.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Nonito Donaire vs Omar Narvaez (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 22)
1. Donaire to win (any method) – risk 12 to win 1.
2. Donaire by stoppage – risk 9 to win 4.
3. Donaire by decision – risk 3 to win 10.
4. Narvaez (any method) – risk 1 to win 12.
C. *Over/Under - Nonito Donaire vs Omar Narvaez (Saturday, October 22)
1. Over 5 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 4.
2. Over 8 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 6.
3. Under 5 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 6.
4. Under 8 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 4.
*Over 5 1/2 = 5 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 6.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Scott Quigg vs Jason Booth (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 22)
1. Quigg to win (any method) – risk 7.5 to win 2.5.
2. Quigg by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
3. Quigg by decision – risk 5 to win 5.
4. Booth (any method) – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Edwin Rodriguez vs Will Rosinsky (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, October 21)
1. Rodriguez to win (any method) – risk 7 to win 2.
2. Rodriguez by stoppage – risk 3.5 to win 5.5.
3. Rodriguez by decision – risk 3.5 to win 5.5.
4. Rosinsky (any method) – risk 2 to win 7.
F. *Over/Under - Marco Huck vs Rogelio Omar Rossi (Saturday, October 22)
1. Over 6 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 4.
2. Over 9 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 6.
3. Under 6 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 6.
4. Under 9 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 4.
*Over 6 1/2 = 6 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 7.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Wonjongkam to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Wonjongkam to win
For Selection B, if you wish to pick Donaire by stoppage without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Donaire by stoppage
For Selection C, if you wanted to use a triple on the fight going under 8 1/2 rounds...
C. (3) – 4 – Under 8 1/2
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...