Tomorrow night's bantamweight main event on Showtime is now 100% good to go, as both Vic Darchinyan and Yonnhy Perez made weight this afternoon in Los Angeles.
The 35-year-old Darchinyan (35-3-1, 27 KO) came in at 117.8 pounds. The 32-year-old Perez (20-1-1, 14 KO) weighed in at 117.6 pounds on the scales.
Here's a round-up of some of our coverage of Darchinyan-Perez, which is regrettably going solo tomorrow night at 10:30 ET/PT on Showtime, but on the bright side is still a great fight that we're all looking forward to. We've had some great coverage for this fight, and that will continue tomorrow night with live, round-by-round updates, scoring, and analysis, plus immediate post-fight analysis.
- Fight Preview: Vic Darchinyan v. Yonnhy Perez - in which I fearlessly pick Darchinyan without much committing to it!
- Yonnhy Perez's Colombia: From Vallenato to Vic Darchinyan - SB Nation MMA's Luke Thomas generously provided us with an excellent, exclusive interview with Yonnhy Perez on April 14. If you've missed it to date, I can't recommend it highly enough. It's a lot deeper than the usual boxing stock answer bonanza.
- Scorecard Treatment: Vic Darchinyan v. Abner Mares - Jason Karp looked back to December to watch and score Darchinyan's last fight, the tremendous battle with Abner Mares. Darchinyan lost close on the scorecards that night.
- Photos and Quotes for Perez (April 12)
- Agbeko-Mares, Perez-Darchinyan: Showtime Bantamweights Geared for Showdowns (April 13)
- Photos and Quotes for Darchinyan (and Abner Mares) (April 20)
- Photos and Quotes for Final Press Conference (April 22)