Manila Standard Today is reporting that Manny Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz may still be speaking with Floyd Mayweather Jr about a fight with Pacquiao:
Koncz, who arrived in Los Angeles yesterday, spoke to the Manila Standard, but flatly refused to give any additional details. He claimed that he wants to keep his side of a commitment to Mayweather not to talk to the media about their conversations, following their initial one-on-one meeting at the Mayweather gym last month.
"This is very delicate and very sensitive," said Kocz, although Mayweather and Pacquiao, to a much lesser extent, reveal some details about their phone conversations from time to time.
The Pacquiao adviser admitted he has a series of meetings scheduled in Las Vegas on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, but again declined to disclose, who he is meeting with.
If Koncz is still speaking with Mayweather, which he likely is since there's no reason for those two to stop their interaction and discussion, it's probably more about a fight in November now than it is a fight in May.
The May idea is dead -- Mayweather can't move from the May 5 date, and Bob Arum won't accept that date, and anyway, suddenly Manny Pacquiao says there must be a 50-50 split, which he'd said before was not the case, and that he would take a lesser portion of the revenue to make the fight happen For the FansTM, and Mayweather won't do 50-50, blah blah blah.
So we all pretend that we're going to move on and worry about it later. In November, it could happen. Right.
Right now, both fighters appear to be focused on landing a fight with Miguel Cotto, who could face Mayweather on May 5, or rematch Manny on June 9.