We have 5 fights on the line this week, including a women's showdown between super-bantamweights Shantall Martinez and Jackie Nava.
Also on the game-sheet is the FNF double-header, with Ruslan Provodnikov taking on David Torres, and Ji-Hoon Kim going up against Yakubu Amidu. In the UK, Carl Frampton squares off against Kris Hughes, and in an off-TV American bout, Cory Spinks takes on Sechew Powell in a match-up of fighters looking to get back in contention.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the latest standings here.
Let’s get to the week 4 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Shantall Martinez vs Jackie Nava (Saturday, January 28)
1. Martinez to win – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Nava to win – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
B. *Over/Under - Ruslan Provodnikov vs David Torres (Friday, January 27)
1. Over 5 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Over 7 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 6.
3. Under 5 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
4. Under 7 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 3.
*Over 5 1/2 = 5 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 6.
C. Pick the winner - Ji-Hoon Kim vs Yakubu Amidu (Friday, January 27)
1. Kim to win – risk 4.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Amidu to win – risk 3.5 points to win 4.5.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Carl Frampton vs Kris Hughes (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, January 28)
1. Frampton to win (any method) – risk 7.5 to win 0.5.
2. Frampton by stoppage – risk 5.5 to win 2.5.
3. Frampton by decision – risk 2 to win 6.
4. Hughes (any method) – risk 0.5 to win 7.5.
E. Pick the winner - Cory Spinks vs Sechew Powell (Friday, January 27)
1. Spinks to win – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Powell to win – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Martinez to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Martinez to win
For Selection B, if you wish to pick Under 5 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 3 - Under 5 1/2
For Selection C, if you wanted to use a triple on Amidu, you would enter...
C. (3) – 2 – Amidu to win
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...