clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Thomas Dulorme Needs New Opponent For February 17 ShoBox

Scott Christ is the managing editor of Bad Left Hook and has been covering boxing for SB Nation since 2006.

The switcheroos and change-ups to the boxing schedule just keep coming. With the next two main events of Friday Night Fights both changed, the February 17 edition of ShoBox: The New Generation is also in need of a replacement, as Mexico's Jose Reynoso has pulled out of his fight with Puerto Rican prospect Thomas Dulorme.

Reynoso's manager Charlie Perez says that the 27-year-old fighter was taken to the emergency room with a hip injury, leaving the hospital on crutches after having his hip popped back into place.

"It's unfortunate that Reynoso will have to pull out of this fight. I know it must have been a serious injury for him to do so," said Dulorme's promoter Gary Shaw.

"My team is diligently looking for an opponent to step in. Right now we have a few names that we're looking at. An announcement will be made shortly."

Dulorme (13-0, 10 KO) is a 22-year-old welterweight prospect who has flashed monster power in a knockout of Harrison Cuello, as well as patience in a win over the always-tricky DeMarcus "Chop Chop" Corley last year.

Other prospects to be featured on the card are Puerto Rican junior middleweight Jonathan Gonzalez (14-0, 13 KO and Brazilian middleweight Michael Oliveira (16-0, 12 KO). The three fights were more of the showcase variety than the mission statement of ShoBox usually calls for, and Dulorme is unlikely to find a better opponent than Reynoso would have been on short notice, but I suppose the good news is it probably won't be anyone with any less of a chance to win.

ShoBox will be live from the Chumash Casino in Santa Ynez, Calif., on February 17.

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Bad Left Hook Daily Roundup newsletter!

A daily roundup of all your global boxing news from Bad Left Hook