This was supposed to one of the more anticipated fight weekends of the year so far, but with the Victor Ortiz vs Andre Berto rematch pushed back until June, we're left with a rather slim pick'em line-up.
We've still got some action for you, with the 140lb prizefighter tournament from Wolverhampton topping the bill. Also on the game-sheet is an over/under for the Friday Night Fights main-event between Demetrius Andrade and veteran Angel Hernandez.
Rounding things out is a super-bantamweight clash from Mexico between Rodrigo Guerrero and Juan Carlos Sanchez, and a junior-flyweight match-up from Argentina between Luis Lazarte and Johnriel Casimero.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the latest standings here.
Let’s get to the week 6 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Prizefighter Light Welterweights - Adil Anwar, Tyrone Nurse, Dale Miles, John Watson, Barry Morrison, Young Mutley, Mark Lloyd & Deen Harrison (Saturday, February 11)
1. Anwar to win – risk 3 to win 9.
2. Nurse to win – risk 2 to win 10.
3. Miles to win – risk 2 to win 10.
4. Watson to win – risk 2 to win 10.
5. Morrison – risk 1.5 to win 10.5.
6. Either Mutley or Lloyd to win (2 fighters for 1 price) – risk 1.5 to win 10.5.
7. Harrison or any late sub – risk 1 to win 11.
B. *Over/Under - Demetrius Andrade vs Angel Hernandez (Friday, February 10)
1. Over 7 1/2 – risk 7 points to win 3.
2. Over 9 1/2 – risk 5.5 points to win 4.5.
3. Under 7 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 7.
4. Under 9 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 5.5.
*Over 7 1/2 = 7 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 8.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Rodrigo Guerrero vs Juan Carlos Sanchez (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, February 11)
1. Guerrero to win (any method) – risk 8.5 to win 1.5.
2. Guerrero by stoppage – risk 6 to win 4.
3. Guerrero by decision – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
4. Sanchez (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 8.5.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Luis Lazarte vs Johnriel Casimero (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, February 10)
1. Lazarte to win (any method) – risk 7.5 to win 2.5.
2. Lazarte by stoppage – risk 1.5 to win 8.5.
3. Lazarte by decision – risk 6 to win 4.
4. Casimero (any method) – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Anwar to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Anwar to win
For Selection B, if you wish to pick Under 7 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 3 - Under 7 1/2
For Selection C, if you wanted to use a triple on Guerrero by stoppage, you would enter...
C. (3) – 2 – Guerrero by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...