With a new season of pick'em action beginning this weekend, all players are back on level terms - so if Season 10 didn't go all that well, a chance at redemption has quickly arrived.
This week's featured bout is the middleweight title clash between Sergio Martinez and Matthew Macklin. We've got two selections for this fight, including an over/under option. The show's main supporting bout is also on the card, with super-middleweight sluggers Edwin Rodriguez and Donovan George facing off.
Rounding out the card is the Friday Night Fights main-event between Kendall Holt and Tim Coleman, along with the welterweight clash from the UK between Kell Brook and Matthew Hatton.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the last season's final standings here.
Let’s get to the week 1 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Sergio Martinez vs Matthew Macklin (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, March 18)
1. Martinez to win (any method) – risk 14 to win 2.
2. Martinez by stoppage – risk 9 to win 7.
3. Martinez by decision – risk 5 to win 11.
4. Macklin (any method) – risk 2 to win 14.
B. *Over/Under - Sergio Martinez vs Matthew Macklin (Saturday, March 18)
1. Over 7 1/2 – risk 7.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Over 10 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 7.
3. Under 7 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 7.5.
4. Under 10 1/2 – risk 7 points to win 5.
*Over 7 1/2 = 7 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 8.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Kendall Holt vs Tim Coleman (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, March 17)
1. Holt to win (any method) – risk 8 to win 3.
2. Holt by stoppage – risk 4 to win 7.
3. Holt by decision – risk 4 to win 7.
4. Coleman (any method) – risk 3 to win 8.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Kell Brook vs Matthew Hatton (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, March 18)
1. Brook to win (any method) – risk 10 to win 1.
2. Brook by stoppage – risk 5 to win 6.
3. Brook by decision – risk 5 to win 6.
4. Hatton (any method) – risk 1 to win 10.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Edwin Rodriguez vs Donovan George (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, March 18)
1. Rodriguez to win (any method) – risk 7 to win 3.
2. Rodriguez by stoppage – risk 4 to win 6.
3. Rodriguez by decision – risk 3 to win 7.
4. George (any method) – risk 3 to win 7.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Martinez to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Martinez to win
For Selection B, if you wish to pick under 7 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 3 - Under 7 1/2
For Selection C, if you wanted to use a triple on Holt by stoppage, you would enter...
C. (3) – 2 – Holt by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...