The opening season of the 2012 Pick'em Game is down to the final week, and only a couple of points separate the top two players, with several others still in with an outside shot at the title. For those a little farther back, there is still Player of the Year points to play for. Remember, the top 20 players gain points in the 2012 POTY race.
The headline bout of the weekend is a rematch of one of 2011 biggest upsets, with Juan Manuel Lopez hoping to gain revenge on crafty veteran Orlando Salido. We've got a couple of selections devoted to this one, along with an Over/Under pick on the under-card bout between Mikey Garcia and Bernabe Concepcion.
Also on the line-up is a double-header from the UK, with Scotsman Ricky Burns taking on Paulus Moses and Paul Appleby facing Stephen Ormond.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the latest standings here.
Let’s get to the week 10 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Pick the winner - Juan Manuel Lopez vs Orlando Salido (Saturday, March 11)
1. Lopez to win – risk 9.5 to win 6.5.
2. Salido to win – risk 6.5 to win 9.5.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Juan Manuel Lopez vs Orlando Salido (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, March 11)
1. Lopez by stoppage – risk 3 to win 9.
2. Lopez by decision – risk 4 to win 8.
3. Salido by stoppage – risk 3.5 to win 8.5.
4. Salido by decision – risk 1.5 to win 10.5.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Ricky Burns vs Paulus Moses (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, March 11)
1. Burns to win (any method) – risk 10.5 to win 1.5.
2. Burns by stoppage – risk 4.5 to win 7.5.
3. Burns by decision – risk 6 to win 6.
4. Moses (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 10.5.
D. *Over/Under - Ricky Burns vs Paulus Moses (Saturday, March 11)
1. Over 7 1/2 – risk 7.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Over 10 1/2 – risk 5.5 points to win 4.5.
3. Under 7 1/2 – risk 2.5 points to win 7.5.
4. Under 10 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 5.5.
*Over 7 1/2 = 7 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 8.
E. Pick the winner - Pick the winner - Paul Appleby vs Stephen Ormond (Saturday, March 11)
1. Appleby to win – risk 6 to win 3.
2. Ormond to win – risk 3 to win 6.
F. *Over/Under - Mikey Garcia vs Bernabe Concepcion (Saturday, March 11)
1. Over 5 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 4.
2. Over 8 1/2 – risk 2.5 points to win 7.5.
3. Under 5 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 6.
4. Under 8 1/2 – risk 7.5 points to win 2.5.
*Over 8 1/2 = 8 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 9.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Lopez to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Lopez to win
For Selection B, if you wish to pick Salido by stoppage without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 3 - Salido by stoppage
For Selection C, if you wanted to use a triple on Burns by stoppage, you would enter...
C. (3) – 2 – Burns by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...