Hard hitting junior-welterweights Mike Alvarado and Ruslan Provodnikov headline this week's action. Along with pick-the-winner option, we've got method-of-victory and over-under as well for this one.
Rounding out the line-up is a super-middleweight match-up from Germany between Robert Stieglitz and Isaac Ekpo, and a pair of bouts from Northern Ireland, with Carl Frampton taking on Jeremy Parodi and Eamonn O'Kane going up against Kerry Hope.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last season's final standings here.
Let’s get to the week 2 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Mike Alvarado vs Ruslan Provodnikov (Saturday, October 12)
1. Alvarado to win – risk 9 points to win 7.
2. Provodnikov to win – risk 7 points to win 9.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Mike Alvarado vs Ruslan Provodnikov (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 19)
1. Alvarado by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
2. Alvarado by decision – risk 3 to win 7.
3. Provodnikov by stoppage – risk 3 to win 7.
4. Provodnikov by decision – risk 1.5 to win 8.5.
C. *Over/Under - Mike Alvarado vs Ruslan Provodnikov (Saturday, October 19)
1. Over 7 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 4.
2. Over 10 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 5.5.
3. Under 7 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 6.
4. Under 10 1/2 – risk 5.5 points to win 4.5.
*Over 7 1/2 = 7 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 8.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Robert Stieglitz vs Isaac Ekpo (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 19)
1. Stieglitz to win – risk 9 to win 1.
2. Stieglitz to win by stoppage – risk 5.5 to win 4.5.
3. Stieglitz by decision – risk 3.5 to win 6.5.
4. Ekpo (any method) – risk 1 to win 9.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Carl Frampton vs Jeremy Parodi (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 19)
1. Frampton to win – risk 8.5 to win 0.5.
2. Frampton to win by stoppage – risk 6 to win 3.
3. Frampton by decision – risk 2.5 to win 6.5.
4. Parodi (any method) – risk 0.5 to win 8.5.
F. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Eamonn O'Kane vs Kerry Hope (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 19)
1. O'Kane to win – risk 6.5 to win 1.5.
2. O'Kane to win by stoppage – risk 2 to win 6.
3. O'Kane by decision – risk 4.5 to win 3.5.
4. Hope (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 6.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Marquez to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Alvarado to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick Marquez by decision without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Alvarado by decision
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on the Over 10 1/2...
C. (3) – 2 - Over 10 1/2
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...