Dereck Chisora has received a new license from the British Boxing Board of Control, and will make his return to the ring on April 20 at Wembley Arena. Promoter Frank Warren has Chisora paired with the WBO light heavyweight title fight between Nathan Cleverly and Robin Krasniqi.
Chisora, 29, hasn't fought since he was knocked out by David Haye last July, when he and Haye both fought with licenses obtained in Luxembourg. Chisora had his license stripped by the British board after his press conference brawl last year with Haye, following Chisora's loss to Vitali Klitschko.
"I'm glad that this whole episode is finally behind me and I can carry on with my boxing career in my own country and with a British Boxing Board of Control license," Chisora said. "I would like to thank everyone who has kept faith in me over the troubled months and I look forward to repaying their loyalty with my performances in the ring as opposed to my action outside of it. I'd like to particularly thank the Luxembourg Boxing Federation for their support."
Warren says he has big plans for Chisora, who is one of the division's more entertaining fighters, and one of its more charismatic and controversial personalities.
"I'm delighted that the British Boxing Board Control has made the right decision and re-instated Dereck's license and the slate is now clean," Warren said. "He is an exciting fighter who always gives 100 percent. We will announce who Dereck will be fighting at Wembley Arena shortly but it's great to have him back in action and we've got some big plans for him."