Despite a slow boxing weekend, we've still got some pick'em action for you with action from the UK, Mexico and Canada.
And just a reminder, 1/2 picks are in play this season. You don't have to risk full points on a selection if you aren't fully confident on a pick. For example, if you wanted to put a 1/2 pick on Gethin, you would enter: A. (1/2) - 2 - Gethin.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the latest standings here.
Let’s get to the week 2 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Ameth Diaz vs Martin Gethin (Friday, May 31)
1. Diaz to win – risk 5.5 points to win 3.5
2. Gethin to win – risk 3.5 points to win 5.5.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Hugo Ruiz vs Giovanni Caro (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, June 1)
1. Ruiz to win – risk 8.5 to win 0.5.
2. Ruiz to win by stoppage – risk 5.5 to win 3.5.
3. Ruiz by decision – risk 3 to win 6.
4. Caro (any method) – risk 0.5 to win 8.5.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Tyson Marquez vs Carlos Tamara (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, June 1)
1. Marquez to win – risk 8.5 to win 0.5.
2. Marquez to win by stoppage – risk 5 to win 4.
3. Marquez by decision – risk 3.5 to win 5.5.
4. Tamara (any method) – risk 0.5 to win 8.5.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Yesica Yolanda Bopp vs Jessica Chavez (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, June 1)
1. Bopp to win – risk 7 to win 3.
2. Bopp to win by stoppage – risk 1.5 to win 8.5.
3. Bopp by decision – risk 5.5 to win 4.5.
4. Chavez (any method) – risk 3 to win 7.
E. Pick the winner - Melissa Hernandez vs Jelena Mrdjenovich (Friday, May 31)
1. Hernandez to win – risk 5.5 points to win 2.5
2. Mrdjenovich to win – risk 2.5 points to win 5.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Diaz to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Diaz to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick on Ruiz by decision without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Ruiz by decision
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Marquez by stoppage...
C. (3) – 2 - Marquez by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...