It's a quiet weekend for boxing, but we've still got some pick'em action for you with 4 bouts on the game sheet.
Leading off are a couple of fights from Mexico. Adrien Hernandez, one of the world's top super-flyweights, takes on Atsushi Kakutani of Japan, while hard hitting 21-year-old Miguel Berchelt goes up against veteran Cristobal Cruz in a super-featherweight match-up.
Also on the line-up is a cruiserweight clash from South Africa, with Ilunga Makabu taking on Eric Fields. And to round things off, undefeated heavyweight Erkan Teper faces Michael Sprott in Switzerland.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the latest standings here.
Let’s get to the week 5 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Adrien Hernandez vs Atsushi Kakutani (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, August 31)
1. Hernandez to win – risk 9 to win 1.
2. Hernandez to win by stoppage – risk 6.5 to win 3.5.
3. Hernandez by decision – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
4. Kakutani (any method) – risk 1 to win 9.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Miguel Berchelt vs Cristobal Cruz (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, August 31)
1. Berchelt to win – risk 8 to win 1.
2. Berchelt to win by stoppage – risk 5.5 to win 3.5.
3. Berchelt by decision – risk 2.5 to win 6.5.
4. Cruz (any method) – risk 1 to win 8.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Ilunga Makabu vs Eric Fields (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, August 31)
1. Makabu to win – risk 7.5 to win 2.5.
2. Makabu to win by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
3. Makabu by decision – risk 4.5 to win 5.5.
4. Fields (any method) – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Erkan Teper vs Michael Sprott (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, August 31)
1. Teper to win – risk 7 to win 2.
2. Teper to win by stoppage – risk 2 to win 7.
3. Teper by decision – risk 5 to win 4.
4. Sprott (any method) – risk 2 to win 7.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Hernandez to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Hernandez to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick Berchelt by stoppage without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Berchelt by stoppage
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Makabu by stoppage..
C. (3) – 2 - Makabu by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...