All the action this weekend takes place on Friday, with the Shobox card delivering most of the action.
Unbeaten heavyweight Dontay Wilder takes on veteran big man Siarhei Liakhovich in the main-event. The undercard features Jermall Charlo going up against Antwone Smith and a match-up of unbeaten super-featherweights in Francisco Vargas and Brandon Bennett.
We've got the FNF main-event too, with Rustam Nugaev squaring off with Jose Hernandez in a 10-round lightweight match-up.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the latest standings here.
Let’s get to the week 2 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Deontay Wilder vs Siarhei Liakhovich (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, August 9)
1. Wilder to win – risk 10 to win 1.
2. Wilder to win by stoppage – risk 8.5 to win 2.5.
3. Wilder by decision – risk 1.5 to win 9.5.
4. Liakhovich (any method) – risk 1 to win 10.
B. *Over/Under - Deontay Wilder vs Siarhei Liakhovich (Friday, August 9)
1. Over 3 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 4.
2. Over 5 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 6.
3. Under 3 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 5.
4. Under 5 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 3.
*Over 5 1/2 = 5 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 6.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Jermall Charlo vs Antwone Smith (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, August 9)
1. Charlo to win – risk 7 to win 2.
2. Charlo to win by stoppage – risk 3 to win 6.
3. Charlo by decision – risk 4 to win 5.
4. Smith (any method) – risk 2 to win 7.
D. Pick the winner - Francisco Vargas vs Brandon Bennett (Friday, August 9)
1. Vargas to win – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Bennett to win – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
E. Pick the winner - Rustam Nagaev vs Jose Hernandez (Friday, August 9)
1. Nagaev to win – risk 6.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Hernandez to win – risk 2.5 points to win 6.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Scott to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Wilder to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick the Over 6 1/2 by stoppage without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Over 6 1/2
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Charlo by stoppage..
C. (3) – 2 - Charlo by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...