We've got 3 fights on the pick'em line-up this weekend, with all the action taking place in Carson, California.
HBO is covering the card, with Gennady Golovkin taking on Marco Antonio Rubio in the main-event. We've added an over/under to make this one more interesting. The televised portion of the show also features a well matched featherweight clash, with undefeated Nicholas Walters taking on Nonito Donaire. For this one, we've also got a method-of-victory option. Edwin Rodriguez vs Azea Augustama rounds out the card.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 2 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Gennady Golovkin vs Marco Antonio Rubio (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 18)
1. Golovkin to win – risk 13.5 to win 0.5.
2. Golovkin by stoppage – risk 12 to win 2.
3. Golovkin by decision – risk 1.5 to win 12.5.
4. Rubio to win – risk 0.5 to win 13.5.
B. *Over/Under - Gennady Golovkin vs Marco Antonio Rubio (Saturday, October 18)
1. Over 5 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Over 8 1/2 – risk 2.5 points to win 6.5.
3. Under 5 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5
4. Under 8 1/2 – risk 6.5 points to win 2.5.
*Over 5 1/2 = 5 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 6.
C. Pick the winner - Nicholas Walters vs Nonito Donaire (Saturday, October 18)
1. Walters to win – risk 8 points to win 7.
2. Donaire to win – risk 7 points to win 8.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Nicholas Walters vs Nonito Donaire (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 18)
1. Walters by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
2. Walters by decision – risk 3 to win 7.
3. Donaire by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
4. Donaire by decision – risk 2 to win 8.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Edwin Rodriguez vs Azea Augustama (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 18)
1. Rodriguez to win – risk 9 to win 1.
2. Rodriguez by stoppage – risk 5.5 to win 4.5.
3. Rodriguez by decision – risk 3.5 to win 6.5.
4. Augustama to win – risk 1 to win 9.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Golovkin to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Golovkin
For Selection B, if you want to pick the Over 7 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Over 7 1/2
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Donaire...
C. (3) – 2 - Donaire
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...