We've got plenty of action on the line-up this weekend, including a couple of fights taking place today in Russia. Those are listed at the bottom of the game-sheet, so if you're reading this in time, get those picks down! If not, no worries, there's still plenty of fights coming up on Saturday.
First up is action from Monte Carlo, with Eleider Alvarez and Ryno Liebenberg matched up in a battle of unbeaten light-heavyweights. The show also features a 122lb clash between Randy Caballero and Stuart Hall, along with a minimumweight match-up between Hekkie Budler and Xiong Zhao Zhong.
Also on Saturday is a Sky Sports show from Hull. Tommy Coyle goes up against Michael Katsidis in the main-event, while 135lb prospect Luke Campbell looks to stay unbeaten against Daniel Eduardo Brizuela. The show also features a super-bantamweight clash between Gavin McDonnell and Vusi Malinga. Also in the UK, but on a different card is a European flyweight title bout between champion Valery Yanchy and undefeated challenger Kevin Satchell.
Finally, we have a couple of Friday's fights, with Alexander Povetkin going up against Carlos Takam in a heavyweight match-up, and Rakhim Chakhkiev taking on Giacobbe Fragomeni in the light-heavyweight division.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 2 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Eleider Alvarez vs Ryno Liebenberg (Saturday, October 25)
1. Alvarez to win – risk 7.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Liebenberg to win – risk 4.5 points to win 7.5.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Randy Caballero vs Stuart Hall (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 25)
1. Caballero to win – risk 8 to win 2.
2. Caballero by stoppage – risk 3 to win 7.
3. Caballero by decision – risk 5 to win 5.
4. Hall to win – risk 2 to win 8.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Hekkie Budler vs Xiong Zhao Zhong (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 25)
1. Budler to win – risk 9.5 to win 0.5.
2. Budler by stoppage – risk 6.5 to win 3.5.
3. Budler by decision – risk 3 to win 7.
4. Zhong to win – risk 0.5 to win 9.5.
D. Pick the winner - Tommy Coyle vs Michael Katsidis (Saturday, October 25)
1. Coyle to win – risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Katsidis to win – risk 3.5 points to win 6.5.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Luke Campbell vs Daniel Eduardo Brizuela (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 25)
1. Campbell to win – risk 9 to win 1.
2. Campbell by stoppage – risk 6 to win 4.
3. Campbell by decision – risk 3 to win 7.
4. Brizuela to win – risk 1 to win 9.
F. Pick the winner - Gavin McDonnell vs Vusi Malinga (Saturday, October 25)
1. McDonnell to win – risk 5 points to win 4.
2. Malinga to win – risk 4 points to win 5.
G. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Kevin Satchell vs Valery Yanchy (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 25)
1. Satchell to win – risk 7.5 to win 1.5.
2. Satchell by stoppage – risk 2 to win 7.
3. Satchell by decision – risk 5.5 to win 3.5.
4. Yanchy to win – risk 1.5 to win 7.5.
H. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Alexander Povetkin vs Carlos Takam (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, October 24)
1. Povetkin to win – risk 10.5 to win 2.5.
2. Povetkin by stoppage – risk 3.5 to win 9.5.
3. Povetkin by decision – risk 7 to win 7.
4. Takam to win – risk 2.5 to win 10.5.
I. *Over/Under - Alexander Povetkin vs Carlos Takam (Friday, October 24)
1. Over 9 1/2 – risk 6.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Over 11 1/2 – risk 5.5 points to win 3.5.
3. Under 9 1/2 – risk 2.5 points to win 6.5
4. Under 11 1/2 – risk 3.5 points to win 5.5.
*Over 9 1/2 = 9 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 10.
J. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Rakhim Chakhkiev vs Giacobbe Fragomeni (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, October 24)
1. Chakhkiev to win – risk 10 to win 1.
2. Chakhkiev by stoppage – risk 7.5 to win 3.5.
3. Chakhkiev by decision – risk 2.5 to win 8.5.
4. Fragomeni to win – risk 1 to win 10.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Alvarez to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Alvarez
For Selection B, if you want to pick Caballero by stoppage without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Caballero by stoppage
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Budler by stoppage...
C. (3) – 2 - Budler by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...