Here's your last chance to earn (or lose) points in Season 23, with the second half of the week 10 line-up.
First up is what could be an entertaining doubleheader from Mexico, with Jhonny Gonzalez taking on Jorge Arce, and Adrian Estrella going up against Celestino Cabellero.
Also on the line-up is a Showtime card from Foxwoods, with Rances Barthelemy and Fernando David Saucedo in the main-event. The card also features a well matched 154lb bout between Vanes Martirosyan and Willie Nelson.
Rounding out the game-sheet is the vacant 140lb Commonwealth title clash between Tyrone Nurse and Dave Ryan.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 10 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Jhonny Gonzalez vs Jorge Arce (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 4)
1. Gonzalez to win – risk 9.5 to win 3.5.
2. Gonzalez by stoppage – risk 6 to win 7.
3. Gonzalez by decision – risk 3.5 to win 9.5.
4. Arce to win – risk 3.5 to win 9.5.
D. *Over/Under - Jhonny Gonzalez vs Jorge Arce (Saturday, October 4)
1. Over 8 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 4.
2. Under 8 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 4.
*Over 8 1/2 = 10 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 9.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Adrian Estrella vs Celestino Caballero (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 4)
1. Estrella to win – risk 9.5 to win 2.5.
2. Estrella by stoppage – risk 3 to win 9.
3. Estrella by decision – risk 6.5 to win 5.5.
4. Caballero to win – risk 2.5 to win 9.5.
F. Pick the winner - Vanes Martirosyan vs Willie Nelson (Saturday, October 4)
1. Martirosyan to win – risk 8.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Nelson to win – risk 4.5 points to win 8.5.
G. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Rances Barthelemy vs Fernando David Saucedo (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 4)
1. Barthelemy to win – risk 10 to win 1.
2. Barthelemy by stoppage – risk 3 to win 8.
3. Barthelemy by decision – risk 7 to win 4.
4. Saucedo to win – risk 1 to win 10.
H. Pick the winner - Tyrone Nurse vs Dave Ryan (Saturday, October 4)
1. Nurse to win – risk 6.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Ryan to win – risk 2.5 points to win 6.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Gonzalez to win...
C. (2) – 1 – Gonzalez
For Selection B, if you want to pick the Under 8 1/2 without using a double or triple...
D. (1) – 2 - Under 8 1/2
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Estrella by stoppage...
E. (3) – 2 - Estrella by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...