This week's pick'em line-up starts off with Friday's ESPN2 card. The main-event appears to be closely matched, with Emanuel Taylor vs Chris Algieri in a junior-welterweight clash. The undercard has Issouf Kinda going up against Jeremy Bryan.
Saturday's action features a couple of heavyweight match-ups from the UK, with Dereck Chisora taking on Kevin Johnson and Tyson Fury staying busy against Jeremy Abell.
Also on the line-up, and what could be the fight of the weekend, is a 122lb match-up from Mexico between Daniel Rosas and Rodrigo Guerrero. The show also features Roman Gonzalez in his first action since last August, with the Nicaraguan star facing Juan Kantun.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 7 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Emmanuel Taylor vs Chris Algieri (Friday, February 14)
1. Taylor to win – risk 4.5 to win 4.5.
2. Algieri (any method) – risk 4.5 to win 4.5.
B. Pick the winner - Issouf Kinda vs Jeremy Bryan (Friday, February 14)
1. Kinda to win – risk 6 to win 2.
2. Bryan (any method) – risk 2 to win 6.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Dereck Chisora vs Kevin Johnson (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, February 15)
1. Chisora to win – risk 10 to win 2.
2. Chisora to win by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 9.5.
3. Chisora by decision – risk 7.5 to win 4.5.
4. Johnson (any method) – risk 2 to win 10.
D. *Over/Under - Tyson Fury vs Joey Abell (Saturday, February 15)
1. Over 3 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 3.
2. Over 5 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
3. Under 3 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 6.
4. Under 5 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
*Over 5 1/2 = 5 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 6.
E. Pick the winner - Daniel Rosas vs Rodrigo Guerrero (Saturday, February 15)
1. Rosas to win – risk 7 to win 3.
2. Guerrero (any method) – risk 3 to win 7.
F. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Roman Gonzalez vs Juan Kantun (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, February 15)
1. Gonzalez to win – risk 8.5 to win 0.5.
2. Gonzalez to win by stoppage – risk 6 to win 3.
3. Gonzalez by decision – risk 2.5 to win 6.5.
4. Kantun (any method) – risk 0.5 to win 8.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Taylor to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Taylor to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick Bryan without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Bryan
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Chisora by stoppage...
C. (3) – 2 - Chisora by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...