clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Floyd Mayweather's next fight: Marcos Maidana's camp says they have received no confirmation

New, 86 comments

Marcos Maidana's advisor says they have received no contract from Floyd Mayweather.

Ronald Martinez

Hey, it's your daily reminder that we still have no real news on who Floyd Mayweather is fighting next!

Yesterday was a fun day in the whole saga as Amir Khan, once thought to be a shoo-in to fight Mayweather on May 3, lifted back the veil to his shattered emotions and went on a fun Twitter rant for the world to see. Then, just when it appeared we maybe had an idea as to who was getting the call to face Floyd, Leonard Ellerbe came along and tried his best to tell us that no decision had been made yet.

Now, on the heels of Ellerbe's news comes the Maidana camp admitting that they have received no confirmation of getting the fight with Mayweather. Boxing Scene's Salvador Rodriguez spoke with Maidana's advisor Sebastian Contursi.

"Until Mayweather's people send us a signed contract (that Floyd is facing) Maidana, which so far has not happened, frankly I can not say that the fight is confirmed.

"If the Mayweather fight happens, I think it would certainly be one of the most important in the history of boxing in our country (Argentina).

So there you go. It's February 22 and nothing has been signed, nothing has been confirmed. Hey, kids. Big Ben, Parliament.

Check back tomorrow for my exclusive on Ellerbe's facial hair and what it means for men in the 21st century.