All players are back on level terms for a new season of pick'em action, so if you've been thinking of getting involved in the fun, now is a great time to start playing (check the box below for the rules link).
We've got action from Showtime and NBC Sports this week, with 6 fights in all.
Topping the Showtime bill is a 140lb clash between Danny Garcia and Mauricio Herrera. The featured undercard bout has unbeaten heavyweight Deontay Wilder taking on Malik Scott, while also on the card is the rematch between Daniel Ponce De Leon and Juan Manuel Lopez.
The NBC show features heavyweights Tomasz Adamek and Vyacheslav Glazkov in the main-event. The undercard has Isaac Chilemba vs Denis Grachev and Ronald Cruz taking on Kermit Cintron.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last season's final standings here.
Let’s get to the week 1 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Danny Garcia vs Mauricio Herrera (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, March 15)
1. Garcia to win – risk 12.5 to win 1.5.
2. Garcia to win by stoppage – risk 4 to win 10.
3. Garcia by decision – risk 8.5 to win 5.5.
4. Herrera (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 12.5.
B. *Over/Under - Danny Garcia vs Mauricio Herrera (Saturday, March 15)
1. Over 9 1/2 – risk 7.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Over 11 1/2 – risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
3. Under 9 1/2 – risk 2.5 points to win 7.5.
4. Under 11 1/2 – risk 3.5 points to win 6.5.
*Over 9 1/2 = 9 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 10.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Deontay Wilder vs Malik Scott (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, March 15)
1. Wilder to win – risk 9 to win 2.
2. Wilder by stoppage – risk 8 to win 3.
3. Wilder by decision – risk 1 to win 10.
4. Scott to win – risk 2 to win 9.
D. *Over/Under - Deontay Wilder vs Malik Scott (Saturday, March 15)
1. Over 5 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Over 7 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 6.
3. Under 5 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
4. Under 7 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 3.
*Over 5 1/2 = 5 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 6.
E. Pick the winner - Daniel Ponce de Leon vs Juan Manuel Lopez (Saturday, March 15)
1. Ponce to win – risk 7.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Lopez to win – risk 3.5 points to win 7.5.
F. Pick the winner - Tomasz Adamek vs Vyacheslav Glazkov (Saturday, March 15)
1. Adamek to win – risk 7 points to win 6.
2. Glazkov to win – risk 6 points to win 7.
G. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Tomasz Adamek vs Vyacheslav Glazkov (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, March 15)
1. Adamek by stoppage – risk 1 to win 8.
2. Adamek by decision – risk 4 to win 5.
3. Glazkov by stoppage – risk 1 to win 8.
4. Glazkov by decision – risk 3 to win 6.
H. Pick the winner - Issac Chilemba vs Denis Grachev (Saturday, March 15)
1. Chilemba to win – risk 6.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Grachev to win – risk 4.5 points to win 6.5.
I. Pick the winner - Ronald Cruz vs Kermit Cintron (Saturday, March 15)
1. Cruz to win – risk 5 points to win 4.
2. Cintron to win – risk 4 points to win 5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Garcia to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Garcia to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick the over 11 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Over 11 1/2
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Wilder by stoppage...
C. (3) – 2 - Wilder by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...