What a night, what a fight!
Many called this fight a complete farce. Others claimed that this would be Floyd Mayweather's first ever knockout loss. Not many, but some predicted that Marcos Maidana would make Floyd work but lose a wide decision in the long run.
None of them were right. Floyd Mayweather and Marcos Maidana battled it out for twelve rounds, eventually resulting in a controversial majority decision for "Money," who retains his titles and advances his record to 46-0. En route to that decision, Mayweather had his eyebrow cut by an accidental headbutt (the first cut of his entire career), was pushed against the ropes and battered to the ribs, and had to contend with an opponent in Maidana who just didn't care about being hit and didn't respect the man he was fighting.
More Mayweather vs. Maidana coverage:Bloody Elbow | Bad Left Hook
In this first installment of the 13th Round, I give my thoughts on that main event, and run through every other fight on the pay-per-view portion of tonight's card. Issues with the player above? Watch this video on Youtube, and while you're there don't forget to subscribe to MMA Nation to receive instant updates on shows like this. Topics of discussion include:
- Clapping the judge who had the main event a draw on the back
- A potential rematch between Mayweather and Maidana
- The interesting angle a fight between Amir Khan and Floyd Mayweather would bring
- Luis Collazo's frustrating frustration with a hapless referee
- Adrien Broner's development and Carlos Molina's impressive performance
- The first truly impressive performance of J'Leon Love's professional career
Stay tuned to Bad Left Hook for continuing coverage of Mayweather vs Maidana in the aftermath of this spectacular fight.