A Friday night super flyweight rematch from Argentina between Omar Narvaez and Felipe Orucuta tops the bill this weekend. The rest of the action takes place on Saturday, with Richar Abril going up against Edis Tatli in what appears to be the most well matched bout of the day. Also on the line-up is is George Groves vs Christopher Rebrasse, Thabiso Mchunu vs Garrett Wilson and Orlando Salido vs Terdsak Kokietgym.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 8 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Omar Narvaez vs Felipe Orucuta (Friday, September 19)
1. Narvaez to win – risk 9 points to win 7.
2. Orucuta to win – risk 7 points to win 9.
B. Pick the winner - Richar Abril vs Edis Tatli (Saturday, September 20)
1. Abril to win – risk 7 points to win 4.
2. Tatli to win – risk 4 points to win 7.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - George Groves vs Christopher Rebrasse (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, September 20)
1. Groves to win – risk 10 to win 1.
2. Groves by stoppage – risk 7.5 to win 3.5.
3. Groves by decision – risk 2.5 to win 8.5.
4. Rebrasse to win – risk 1 to win 10.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Thabiso Mchunu vs Garrett Wilson (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, September 20)
1. Mchunu to win – risk 9 to win 1.
2. Mchunu by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
3. Mchuna by decision – risk 6.5 to win 3.5.
4. Wilson to win – risk 1 to win 9.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Orlando Salido vs Terdsak Kokietgym (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, September 20)
1. Salido to win – risk 10 to win 1.
2. Salido by stoppage – risk 4.5 to win 6.5.
3. Salido by decision – risk 5.5 to win 5.5.
4. Kokietgym to win – risk 1 to win 10.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Narvaez to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Narvaez
For Selection B, if you want to pick Tatli without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Tatli
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Groves by stoppage...
C. (3) – 2 - Groves by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...