Some great fights this weekend topped, of course, by the HBO PPV card featuring GGG/Lemieux and Gonzalez/Viloria.
Can BackScreenLob bring this thing home? Or will the tables take a dramatic turn for one of our underdogs? Talk about Big Drama Show!
See last week's standings and how many doubles and triples you have left here.
Alrighty ... Let's get it get it get it!
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names which you can leave out. The numbers will suffice.
Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this post - it makes it easier for me to tabulate the results each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight; you are free to PASS on any pick. But you must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Kohei Kono vs Koki Kameda (9:00pm EDT Friday, Oct 16)
1. Kono to win - risk 2 points to win 8.
2. Kameda to win - risk 8 points to win 2.
B. Pick the winner - Andrzej Fonfara vs Nathan Cleverly (9:00pm EDT Friday, Oct 16)
1. Fonfara to win - risk 7 points to win 3.
2. Cleverly to win - risk 3 points to win 7.
C. Pick the winner - Seanie Monaghan vs Don George (10:00pm EDT Friday, Oct 16)
1. Monaghan to win - risk 6.5 points to win 1.5.
2. George to win - risk 1.5 to win 6.5.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Roman Gonzalez vs Brian Viloria (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 9:00pm EDT Saturday, Oct 17)
1. Gonzalez to win - risk 13 points to win 2.
2. Gonzalez by stoppage - risk 11 to win 4.
3. Gonzalez by decision - risk 2 to win 13.
4. Viloria to win - risk 2 to win 13.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemieux (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 9:00pm EDT Saturday, Oct 17)
1. Golovkin to win - risk 14 points to win 2.
2. Golovkin by stoppage - risk 12 to win 4
3. Golovkin by decision - risk 2 to win 14.
4. Lemieux to win - risk 2 to win 14.
F. Over/Under (12 Rounds) - Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemieux (9:00pm EDT Saturday, Oct 17)
1. Over 5 1/2 - risk 5 points to win 5.
2. Under 5 1/2 - risk 5 to win 5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want Kameda without using a double or triple...
A. (1) – 2
For Selection B, if you want a double on Fonfara...
B. (2) – 1
For Selection C, if you want a triple on George...
C. (3) – 2
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...