Ladies and gentlemen, it's big fight week!
Of course, action is headlined this weekend by the Cotto/Canelo PPV. We pick up two title fights on the undercard, as well as a couple of good scraps across the pond.
Check the standings and see how many doubles and triples you have left here.
Alrighty ... Let's get it get it get it!
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names which you can leave out. The numbers will suffice.
Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this post - it makes it easier for me to tabulate the results each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight; you are free to PASS on any pick. But you must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Arthur Abraham vs. Martin Murray (3:00pm EDT Saturday, Nov 21)
1. Abraham to win – risk 5 points to win 5.
2. Murray to win – risk 5 points to win 5.
B. Pick the winner - Darleys Perez vs. Anthony Crolla (4:00pm EDT Saturday, Nov 21)
1. Perez to win – risk 4 points to win 6.
2. Crolla to win – risk 6 points to win 4.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Randy Caballero vs. Lee Haskins (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 9:00pm EDT Saturday, Nov 21)
1. Caballero to win - risk 8 points to win 2.
2. Caballero by stoppage - risk 5.5 to win 4.5.
3. Caballero by decision - risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
4. Haskins to win - risk 2 to win 8.
D. Pick the winner - Takashi Miura vs. Francisco Vargas (9:00pm EDT Saturday, Nov 21)
1. Miura to win – risk 5 points to win 5.
2. Vargas to win – risk 5 points to win 5.
E. Pick the winner - Miguel Cotto vs. Saul Alvarez (9:00pm EDT Saturday, Nov 21)
1. Cotto to win – risk 6 points to win 13.
2. Alvarez to win – risk 13 points to win 6.
F. Method of victory - Miguel Cotto vs. Saul Alvarez (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 9:00pm EDT Saturday, Nov 21)
1. Cotto by decision - risk 3.5 points to win 15.5.
2. Cotto by stoppage - risk 2.5 to win 16.5.
3. Alvarez by decision - risk 8 to win 11.
4. Alvarez by stoppage - risk 5 to win 14.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want Murray without using a double or triple...
A. (1) – 2
For Selection B, if you want a double on Perez...
B. (2) – 1
For Selection C, if you want a triple on Caballero by KO...
C. (3) – 2
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...