We are being treated to a rather random assortment of violence this weekend. I've cobbled together some bits from around the globe and we'll call it Week 8.
Check the standings and see how many doubles and triples you have left here.
Alrighty ... Let's get it get it get it!
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names which you can leave out. The numbers will suffice.
Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this post - it makes it easier for me to tabulate the results each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight; you are free to PASS on any pick. But you must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Nonito Donaire vs. Cesar Juarez (10:00pm EST Friday, Dec 11)
1. Donaire to win – risk 7 points to win 1.
2. Juarez to win – risk 1 points to win 7.
B. Pick the Winner/Method of victory - Felix Verdejo vs Josenilson Dos Santos (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 10:00pm EST Friday, Dec 11)
1. Verdejo to win - risk 7.5 points to win 0.5.
2. Verdejo by stoppage - risk 6 to win 2.
3. Verdejo by decision - risk 1.5 to win 6.5.
4. Dos Santos to win - risk 0.5 to win 7.5.
C. Pick the winner - Kevin Mitchell vs. Ismael Barroso (12:00pm EST Saturday, Dec 12)
1. Mitchell to win – risk 6 points to win 3.
2. Barroso to win – risk 3 points to win 6.
D. Pick the Winner/Method of victory - Anthony Joshua vs Dillian Whyte (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 12:00pm EST Saturday, Dec 12)
1. Joshua to win - risk 8 points to win 1.
2. Joshua by stoppage - risk 7 to win 2.
3. Joshua by decision - risk 1 to win 8.
4. Whyte to win - risk 1 to win 8.
E. Pick the winner - Roy Jones Jr. vs. Enzo Maccarinelli (2:00pm EST Saturday, Dec 12)
1. RJJ to win – risk 4.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Maccarinelli to win – risk 3.5 points to win 4.5.
F. Pick the Winner/Method of victory - Omar Figueroa vs Antonio DeMarco (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 8:30pm EST Saturday, Dec 12)
1. Figueroa to win - risk 8 points to win 1.
2. Figueroa by stoppage - risk 4 to win 4.
3. Figueroa by decision - risk 4 to win 4.
4. DeMarco to win - risk 1 to win 8.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want Donaire without using a double or triple...
A. (1) – 1
For Selection B, if you want a double on Verdejo by KO...
B. (2) – 2
For Selection C, if you want a triple on Mitchell...
C. (3) – 1
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...