In case you missed it—I've posted updated standings for the 2015 Player of the Year. We've got a very close race going for POY in addition to this tightly contested season which is winding down with just two weeks left. It's crunch time, kids!
Several well matched fights this week, so time to dust off your crystal ball, read the tea leaves, and tune in to that trick knee of yours.
Check the standings and see how many doubles and triples you have left here.
Alrighty ... Let's get it get it get it!
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names which you can leave out. The numbers will suffice.
Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this post - it makes it easier for me to tabulate the results each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight; you are free to PASS on any pick. But you must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Rances Barthelemy vs Denis Shafikov (9:00pm EST Friday, Dec 18)
1. Barthelemy to win – risk 8 points to win 4.
2. Shafikov to win – risk 4 points to win 8.
B. Method of victory - Andy Lee vs Billy Joe Saunders (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 12:00pm EST Saturday, Dec 19)
1. Lee by decision - risk 2.5 points to win 9.5.
2. Lee by stoppage - risk 3.5 to win 8.5.
3. Saunders by decision - risk 4.5 to win 6.5.
4. Saunders by stoppage - risk 1.5 to win 10.5.
C. Pick the winner - Yunieski Gonzalez vs Vyacheslav Shabranskyy (7:00pm EST Saturday, Dec 19)
1. Gonzalez to win – risk 5 points to win 4.
2. Shabranskyy to win – risk 4 points to win 5.
D. Pick the winner - Gabriel Rosado vs Joshua Clottey (7:00pm EST Saturday, Dec 19)
1. Rosado to win – risk 4 points to win 5.
2. Clottey to win – risk 5 points to win 4.
E. Pick the winner - Bryant Jennings vs Luis Ortiz (10:15pm EST Saturday, Dec 19)
1. Jennings to win – risk 4.5 points to win 7.5.
2. Ortiz to win – risk 7.5 points to win 4.5.
F. Over/Under (12 Rounds) - Bryant Jennings vs Luis Ortiz (10:15pm EST Saturday, Dec 19)
1. Over 8 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 4.
2. Under 8 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 4.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want Barthelemy without using a double or triple...
A. (1) – 1
For Selection B, if you want a double on Lee by KO...
B. (2) – 2
For Selection C, if you want a triple on Gonzalez...
C. (3) – 1
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...