Here we are ladies & gentlemen: on the precipice of crowing the Season 29 champion as well as our Player of the Year. Time to buckle down and lodge your final picks of 2015.
Tuesday brings us a PBC card as well as action from Japan. And then on NYE we have several fights from the Land of the Rising Sun—a couple of which look quite competitive.
NOTE: The Japanese broadcast times—and therefore the cutoff to get your picks in—are early AM Eastern time. So be sure to do your business by tomorrow night.
Alrighty ... Let's get it get it get it!
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names which you can leave out. The numbers will suffice.
Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this post - it makes it easier for me to tabulate the results each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight; you are free to PASS on any pick. But you must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Javier Mendoza vs Akira Yaegashi (5:00AM EST Tuesday, Dec 29)
1. Mendoza to win – risk 6 points to win 4.
2. Yaegashi to win – risk 4 points to win 6.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Naoya Inoue vs Warlito Parrenas (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 5:00AM EST Tuesday, Dec 29)
1. Inoue to win - risk 9.5 points to win 0.5.
2. Inoue by stoppage - risk 7.5 to win 2.5.
3. Inoue by decision - risk 2 to win 8.
4. Parrenas to win - risk 0.5 to win 9.5.
C. Pick the winner - Omar Douglas vs Frank De Alba (9:00pm EST Tuesday, Dec 29)
1. Douglas to win – risk 5 points to win 3.
2. De Alba to win – risk 3 points to win 5.
D. Pick the winner - Kazuto Ioka vs Juan Carlos Reveco (4:00AM EST Thursday, Dec 31)
1. Ioka to win – risk 8 points to win 5.
2. Reveco to win – risk 5 points to win 8.
E. Method of victory - Kazuto Ioka vs Juan Carlos Reveco (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 4:00AM EST Thursday, Dec 31)
1. Ioka by decision - risk 5 points to win 8.
2. Ioka by stoppage - risk 3 to win 10.
3. Reveco by decision - risk 3 to win 10.
4. Reveco by stoppage - risk 2 to win 11.
F. Pick the winner - Katsunari Takayama vs Jose Argumedo (4:00AM EST Thursday, Dec 31)
1. Takayama to win – risk 7 points to win 1.
2. Argumendo to win – risk 1 points to win 7.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want Mendoza without using a double or triple...
A. (1) – 1
For Selection B, if you want a double on Inoue by decision...
B. (2) – 3
For Selection C, if you want a triple on De Alba...
C. (3) – 2
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...