David Haye's return to action on January 16 in London now has a full undercard set, including the returns of some familiar names beneath Haye's main event fight with Australia's Mark de Mori.
Haye (26-2, 24 KO) has not fought since July 2012, when he stopped Dereck Chisora in the fifth round of a well-hyped grudge match at Upton Park. The 35-year-old heavyweight has since undergone shoulder surgery, and twice canceled fights with Tyson Fury. De Mori (30-1-2, 26 KO) is a powerful heavyweight, but in many ways a novice pro boxer, with a record that looks good enough to sell as a threat to Haye's comeback.
Here's the full undercard lineup:
- Super Featherweights, 10 Rounds: Billy Dib (39-4, 23 KO) vs Jamie Speight (13-8, 1 KO)
- Light Heavyweights, 8 Rounds: Tony Dodson (31-8-1, 15 KO) vs Richard Horton (9-5, 1 KO)
- Junior Welterweights, 6 Rounds: Kay Prospere (6-0, 4 KO) vs Lee Connelly (4-16-1, 0 KO)
- Cruiserweights, 6 Rounds: Wadi Camacho (13-5, 8 KO) vs Jindrich Velecky (19-39, 18 KO)
- Cruiserweights, 4 Rounds: Jose Lopes (5-0, 2 KO) vs Darren Snow (1-1-1, 0 KO)
- Super Bantamweights, 4 Rounds: Josh Kennedy (4-0, 4 KO) vs Luke Fash (0-2, 0 KO)
Not sure I'd be able to seriously call anyone negative for suggesting that this is a trash undercard for a supposed big show, but the event is being promoted by Haye's Hayemaker Promotions, and they just don't have the roster to make a big time show of it all. The tickets are going to be sold on Haye's return, and there's not really any great incentive for them to go out of their way trying to put together something better than this. "It is what it is," in other words.