Howdy Pickem Players. The big fellas top the bill this week with Wlad's return the the US after many years. That's really the angle of this fight, because his opponent isn't predicted to put up much resistance. But we'll see!
PBC has another decent card on Friday night co-headlined by Anthony Dirrell and Daniel Jacobs in separate bouts. We also have action on up-and-comers Sadam Ali and Felix Verdejo.
Check the standings and see how many doubles/triples you have left here.
Now let's get it get it get it!
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names which you can leave out. The numbers will suffice.
Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this post - it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight; you are free to PASS on any pick. But you must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Anthony Dirrell vs Badou Jack (9:00pm EST Friday, April 24th)
1. Dirrell to win – risk 7 points to win 2.
2. Jack to win – risk 2 points to win 7.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Daniel Jacobs vs Caleb Truax (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 9:00pm EST Friday, April 24th)
1. Jacobs to win – risk 6.5 points to win 1.5.
2. Jacobs by decision - risk 2.5 to win 5.5
3. Jacobs by stoppage - risk 4 to win 4
4. Truax to win – risk 1.5 points to win 6.5.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Wladimir Klitschko vs Bryant Jennings (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 10:00pm EST Saturday, April 25th)
1. Klitschko to win – risk 13 points to win 2.
2. Klitschko by decision – risk 3 to win 12.
3. Klitschko by stoppage – risk 12 to win 3.
4. Jennings to win – risk 2 points to win 13.
D. Over/Under (12 Rounds) - Wladimir Klitschko vs Bryant Jennings (10:00pm EST Saturday, April 25th)
1. Over 6 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
2. Under 6 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
E. Pick the winner - Sadam Ali vs Francisco Santana (10:00pm EST Saturday, April 25th)
1. Ali to win – risk 7 points to win 1.
2. Santana to win – risk 1 points to win 7.
F. Pick the winner - Felix Verdejo vs Marco Antonio Lopez (11:00pm EST Saturday, April 25th)
1. Verdejo to win – risk 7.5 points to win 0.5.
2. Lopez to win – risk 0.5 points to win 7.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Dirrell to win...
A. (2) – 1
For Selection B, if you want Truax without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2
For Selection C, if you want to use one of your triples on the Klitschko by stoppage...
C. (3) – 3
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...