With tickets for Mayweather-Pacquiao finally on sale, TiqIQ.com is seeing prices skyrocketing as expected, with the current average price for a ticket to the May 2 fight higher than this year's Super Bowl.
- The current average ticket price for the Mayweather v Pacquiao fight is currently $10,859.55 (slightly higher than final avg for this years SB: $10,466.11)
- The current get in price is $4,477 for Section 219 row R
- The most expensive ticket currently listed is Ringside Section FLR E Row CC for $141k+
- The face value tickets for this fight range from $1,500-$10,000
Below is the average price and get in for the 5 next most expensive boxing matches since 2010:
- 9/14/13- Mayweather v Alvarez: $3,237.70 ($1,406.60)
- 11/12/11- Pacquiao v Marquez: $1,677.49 ($475)
- 9/17/11- Mayweather v Ortiz: $1,628.66 ($451)
- 5/3/14- Mayweather v Maidana: $1,619.59 ($449)
- 9/13/14- Mayweather v Maidana: $1,591.11 ($465)
If you recall, Mayweather-Alvarez set a gate record in Nevada and PPV revenue records. The gate record is obviously being eclipsed as we speak. The PPV revenue record, with a $100 PPV broadcast, will also be going down. And it's expected that the record for PPV buys -- 2.48 million for De La Hoya-Mayweather in 2007 -- will also be shattered.
In other words, it's every bit the money event that was expected.